Highlighted
Visitor.

How to install UCMDB xml license file?

Hi All,

How do I install UCMDB license xml fie?

I remember UCMDB 9 deployment guide has steps how to do it using JMX console getLicense command. But it seems UCMDB 10.10 documentation is missing these steps.

Regards

Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: How to install UCMDB xml license file?

Hi

Replace the old ucmdb_license.xml file in the "C:\hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\conf\" folder with new file

The name of the file must be ucmdb_license.xml.

Use the JMX console to force a license change:

Launch the Web browser and enter the server address, as follows: http://<UCMDB Server Host Name or IP>:8080/jmx-console.

When prompted, enter the JMX Console authentication credentials  username : sysadmin password : sysadmin

Under UCMDB, click service=Server Services to open the Operations page.

Locate getLicense and enter the following information:  In the Value box for the customerID parameter, enter 1.

Click Invoke.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Thanks.
Do you have any reference to UCMDB 10.10 documentation?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

http://Support.openview.hp.com ,Please check this Link you have all the details and Documents supplied from HP's top talents you can even find very solid KM articles (which i have not seen any other tools )
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Do I need to get a new license from HP after upgrading to 10.01?  I installed the xml license from our 9.05 install but when I do the  getallactivelicenses from the JMX console it says the following:

Feature Value License Freemium License for UCMDBUD-Freemium valid upto 365 days Type INSTANT_ON End Time Wed Aug 13 23:59:59 CDT 2014 Capacity 1

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Yes, you need new license. Please open support call and new license will be generated for you.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.