Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

How to mention not to discover specific softwares in uCMDB

Dear Experts,

I am running Host Application by WMI and Host resources by WMI as well to discover all the installed softwares.

But it is getting all the KB's also which are a part of microsoft patches. I dont want to discover these. is there any way i can exclude these, or tell me to how to write a rule to delete these discvered CI's on nightly basis.

Thank you.

Regards,

Indra 

Indrakumar
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to mention not to discover specific softwares in uCMDB

Hello Indra,

normally you can use GlobalFiltering to filter out almost anything based on simple regEx rules. Pyhton regex rules to be more exact.

Because many customers wanted to exclude simple InstaalledSoftware CIs due to their amount, we have such ana ER submitted

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1H115400

Either you're patient or you can try the existing globalFiltering option.

For KB exclusion the filter section should be like

<object class="installed_software">
                <!--<attribute type="String" name="display_label">(.*KB.*?)</attribute>-->
                <attribute type="String" name="display_label">(?i).+\b(windows|microsoft)\b.+\(KB[\d\-v]+\)$</attribute>
            </object> 

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: How to mention not to discover specific softwares in uCMDB

Thank you Bogdan for your response.

Could you please let me know where i can find the global filtering option.

Thank you.

Regards,

Indra

Indrakumar
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.