Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

How to migrate ucmdb oracle database to another oracle database

Hello

we have  ucmdb is running oracle db with 10.22 version(old version)

i have plan to migrate to new version of ucmdb , for that i need to migrate all the ci information from current oracle db to new db,after that new version of ucmdb is connecting to the new db so that i can avoid duplicate ci creation

how i can migrate old ucmdb oracle DB to New Oracle DB without any data loss

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Dear Kesavan,

Migrating UCMDB database is easy if you are on same version. but if you want to use for other upgraded version, there  will be lot of challenges in migrating to upgraded version of db tables/dependencies.

I would suggest you to go with new UCMDB setup OOTB and integrate with old UCMDB(10.22) for synchronization of ci and relationship data. please find below useful links for integrating multiple ucmdb.

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Universal_CMDB:2019.11/IntegMInitialSync

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Universal_CMDB:2019.11/IntegMulCmdb

The best practice is to raise a support case while performing any actions on UCMBD.

Regards

Bhaskar

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Well first of all you have to stop the ucmdb service and backup the DB and the ucmdb installation folder.Double check that the DB dump is not corrupted. Now  you should be safe and you can choose one of several approaches..

Depending on the new DB and ucmdb versions you can start with a ucmdb upgrade or a DB  server upgrade.

If you want to decrease the downtime you have to install a new DB server with the required version first. Check that you can restore db dumps taken with older versions. (I assume is possible). Otherwise more steps are required and you have to upgrade the DB server.

Then connect your ucmdb to the upgraded DB server or install a new 10.22 on a new system . Run these steps in a test env if possible.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello 

Thanks for the time...

we are planning to upgrade 10.22 to  very new version of uCMDB , 

could you please provide me some steps to complete this activity...

fyi:-we have few integration with current version 10.22 we need to enable same integration with newer version of uCMDB as well , So in this case what all are the need to consider ,like data model etc..

could you please provide more specific on it 

Thanks in advance 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello 

Thanks for the time...

we are planning to upgrade 10.22 to  very new version of uCMDB , not DB version 

could you please provide me some steps to complete this activity...

fyi:-we have few integration with current version 10.22 we need to enable same integration with newer version of uCMDB as well , So in this case what all are the need to consider ,like data model etc..

could you please provide more specific on it 

Thanks in advance 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi Kesavan,

If it is upgrade from 10.22, you need to consider the Operating system, DB compatibility with the new version primarily. Better compare your production environment with latest ucmdb support matrix so that you need to consider the above.

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Universal_CMDB:2019.11/SupportMatrix

One hop upgrade is available from 10.22 to 2019.11 as per support matrix. so first estimate the resources , compatibility and proceed with the upgrade.

DFP is not supported on upgrade. So. you need to manually install Data flow probes after upgrade.

For example: 2019.11 does not support WIN2008 server and 2008 SQL..so, make sure prepare a plan accordingly.

Kindly go through below deployment guide for 2019.11 and select upgrade options and you can see more information and I will recommend raising a support ticket for the upgrade process and procedure.

https://docs.microfocus.com/UCMDB/2019.11/ucmdb-docs/docs/eng/pdfs/Deployment_Guide/Guide/UCMDB_Deployment.htm

I f the above upgrade process is not feasible, you can go for a fresh implementation and migrate configuration from old system. (lesser time).. If you are using this method, my below post will be helpful. 

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/CMS-Discovery-CMDB-User/10-22-to-2020-05/m-p/2820374#M21217

I hope this answers your question.

Regrads

Bhaskar Badam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

The upgrade steps are the ones which are documented.  They should be clear. Like I said before a DB and ucmdb installer folder backup is highly recommended.

The upgrade of UCMDB is straightforward and not complicated. You can check for any known issues before in order to not waste time.

By upgrading a new CP will be deployed but you integrations should not be affected. It does not delete classes or attributes. So your integrations should not be impacted.And is the IP/dns remains the same the integration points data is fine.

If you want to have a relaxed upgrade then do it in a test environment first. Restore the 10.22 db backup in a test env and run the upgrade. If everything runs as expected and you can login and check your data and resources then more confidently you  can proceed in production.

You can consider checking the following recommended tasks- https://docs.microfocus.com/UCMDB/CMSBP/Content/CMS_BP/MonthlyMaintenance.html 

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello,

Could you please share with me the upgrade document, 

(The upgrade steps are the ones which are documented.)

Thanks 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.