Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to modify orm.xml file?

Hello

I  integrated DDMI and UCMDB sucessfully by OOTB integration. But I can't get "discovered_model" data in UCMDB from DDMi. But i noticed this data can be populated from Model.Model_name fileds of DDMi. But in DDMIAdapter, as Device.device_id is inherited key in orm.xml, but Model_id isn’t.

DDMi information :In the Device table, there is a field Model_ID. There is a table "Model" which has two fields"Model_ID" and "Model_Name". We need use this "Model_ID" field to match the two tables device & model tables and get the "Model_Name" from the "Model" table and display that in the "discovered_model" field in ucmdb.

For details,please see the screenshot of the tables information: DDMI tables.JPG

we tried modifying it like this by adding the following lines in orm.xml file, but it didn't work:

<secondary-table name="Model">
  <primary-key-join-column name="Model_ID" />
  </secondary-table>
<basic name="discovered_model">
  <column updatable="false" insertable="false" table="Model" name="Model_Name" />
  </basic>

Can anyone tell me how to modify orm.xml file for this issue?
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shilei,

What is the exception that you are getting whne using your modified orm.xml?

Regards,

Adrian

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.