Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

How to query a link_id in uCMDB?

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how I can build a query to fetch the attributes of a link from the link_id attribute (UcmdbId class) I am getting after doing an HistoryQuery.

I am only interested into attributes of a link that is created/deleted and it seems it is not possible to build a topology query to get them. I cannot just query the end1_id TopologyCI since I am seeking for a relation that may no longer exist. The information I have from the HistoryQuery is the link_id, the end2_id and obviously I have the end1_id since this is how I build a query to get the link_id into the History.

The documentation is very mute on everything related to History, HistoryQuery. I tried the following Topology Query, but it returns nothing:

QueryNode linkNode = qdef.addNode("mylink").ofType("connection").withIds(ids);

linkNode.queryProperties("data_note", "data_updated_by", "last_modified_time", "description");

Where ids is a collection (Set) of UcmdbId matching the link_id(s) of the relations I am interested in. The type "connection" is supposed to map to the Relation's type in uCMDB for the type of links I am querying. qdef is a QueryDefinition object.

Here is a sample output from the history query for one record and link_id I am interested in:

Date: jeu., 2 juillet 2015 15:38:59 EDT    Type: REMOVE_RELATION    [Some One(someone),LoggedInUser:ServiceHPUCMDB]
         dfe95ca37a9f7e414d575a8ab1d9511f    Type: unavailability_cause

end2_type    host_node
             link_id    56fee250f21ff9e9562f8ee1d7305fe3
             end2_id    d2b5afddcaf92308a1d23ee9da173757
             Remove Related CI    m1582(host_node)
             end2_display_label    m1582
             link_type    connection

Any hints?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.