Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

How to validate Package Deployment and Relationships

Jump to solution

We need to validate the Configuration Items along with their relationships were deployed properly.   I was unable to extract a report due to it's size.  Is there an aleternative way of verifying all CI's and Relationships were deployed properly? We have analyzed the deployment logs, but we are trying to automate this for testing purposes.

Thanks

Louie

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to validate Package Deployment and Relationships

Jump to solution

Louis;

I do not know of another way than looking for errors in the deployment.

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Louie,

we have a log file that can you give you more details that is mam.packaging.log and it is under \hp\UCMDB\UCMDBServer\runtime\log folder.

Thanks,

Yilmaz

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Yilmaz,

Yes I do check that manually for errors, but we're looking for a way to automate the validation by comparing CI to CI as well as their relationships.  Is there any alternatives other than filtering the log file?

Thanks

Louie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Louis;

I do not know of another way than looking for errors in the deployment.

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.