Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

I need to the table in database where deletion history gets recorded

I need to the table in database where deletion history gets recorded. Customer has manually deleted few of bsuiness services & for audit purpose, they need the information. I have tried hdm_xxxxbusiness_service but got records only from aging or discovery jobs. Need experts advice for the same.

0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: I need to the table in database where deletion history gets recorded

I don't know where are the records, but I can tell you where to obtain this information. 

On a development instance of ucmdb, where there is no huge activity, you can delete a CI and look inside cmdb.dal.log. It will show you what commands have been issued to the database. 

Another far far easier method is to generated Administration Audit report as shown in my screenshot:

delete_report.PNG

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
Highlighted
Valued Contributor..

Thanks for the reply. Since log gets rollver, it could not kept for long. Will this Audit report provide the action detail & time that have been performed prior to 3 months. It seems some old CIs aer not available & we are not sure when it got deleted.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

By default history is retained 3 months. If something has been missing for more than three months and now you find out about the issue, is that really so important?

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Your on the right track with looking at the hdm_xxxxbusiness_service tables. As was stated by Petko, these monthly tables are saved for 3 months by default (configurable via settings). A little more information on the removed CIs is then saved in the hdmr_business_service. This table contains only removed CIs for an additional month (by default setting). Other than these history tables I don't think you are going to find anyplace else in the system that retains information about deleted CIs.

Hope this helps,

vhovar

Highlighted
Valued Contributor..

Thanks for the information, Customer has created certain business services manually & is not able to find it in UD. He is not sure whether it was deleted by someone or due to aging & he is sure that it was within 3 months. 

Also if a CI gets created manually & deleted manually, will it be recorded in HDM tables ?? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

It should be recorded. This is very easily testable - just add a CI, and delete it and then check the tables and cmdb.dal.log.

Manually created CIs are not subject of aging because the EnableAging attribute is set to "false".

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor..

Whether manually created CI has information recorded in hdm(history tables) . As of now, it is not coming. Customer is not willing to look into logs as logs gets rollover. Looking for audit perpective.

Also, which field to be looked at for Creation time of a CI in HDM table.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor..

Experts, need your Advice.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Did you try the audit reports from the UCMDB interface? What is the result?

Have you tried SELECT * from HDM..xxxx table? What is the result?

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor..

Audit reports does not give any information of manually created CI.

I have tried select statement in hdm table but could nto find any record related to manually created/deleted CI's.

Also which field will tell about the exact deletion time of a CI in hdm table.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

In UCMDB 2018.11 we have Reconciliation Analyzer which stores such information and to some extent with custom code can be used to restore deleted CIs. This is not a planned feature or part of the design.
The data is stored in Solr.

At one point there was the discussion to have a feature like a CI recycle bin from this data stored in Solr.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.