Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

IP addresses not being found

Jump to solution

I have a couple IP addresses that the UCMDB is not finding. Therefore, the servers are not being discovered.  The “Range IP’s by ICMP” job runs nightly to look for new IP’s.

I have done the following to verify that the servers are accessible to the probe.

1. Logged into the probe and verified that the probe can connect to the server through the appropriate port.

Start | Run
              cmd
              telnet {ip address} {port#} 

I was able to successfully connect to the server through this port. 

2. From the UCMDB UI in Data Flow Probe Setup, I used the credential check to verify that the UCMDB is able to successfully connect to the servers.

Can someone point me in the direction of something else to look at?  Are there any log files that I can check for this type of issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: IP addresses not being found

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.

I am not sure what has changed in the last couple of days but when discovery ran last night, the IP addresses were found with the Range IPs by ICMP discovery job.  Nothing was changed in the UCMDB so I am not sure what "fixed" this. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Karriane,

Please check that the IP is within the range of the probe/job, also ensure that the probe/job is included in the Discovery jobs probes to work on.

Best regards,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi - yes, I already verified that the IP's were included in the range For the probe.  The job's IP range has not being restricted.  Also, there are other IPs in the same subnet that are being successfully discovered. 

For example: 

IP address 10.217.0.5 is NOT being discovered but 10.217.0.6 is.

IP address 10.217.0.7 is NOT Being discovered but 10.217.0.8 is.

Thanks for the help,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Karriane,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you check the trigger TQL to see if the IP is within those jobs? If not, I suggest opening a Support ticket with us, so we can further investigate the issue.

Best regards,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.

I am not sure what has changed in the last couple of days but when discovery ran last night, the IP addresses were found with the Range IPs by ICMP discovery job.  Nothing was changed in the UCMDB so I am not sure what "fixed" this. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.