Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Impact Analysis in UCMDB

I am trying to use the Impact Analysis Manager in UCMDB version 9.02. I have tried to find research (other than help menus) to help me better understand it's use. My purpose would be to use it to determine the impact of a submitted RFC on the system. I can't say I fully understand the way the Impact Analysis Manager works so I am seeking documents that explain it better. I have read the HP Universal CMDB for Windows operating systems version 9.01 document but it does not answer my main question.

My main question is: Can I run the Impact Analysis on a node or view using ONLY the impact rules I have created?

In other words when I run the tool, I choose the Trigger Severity and in the Correlation Rules section I can choose "all impacted rules" or "Only impacted rules located in a specific bundle". Is there a way to create a bundle that only uses the Impact rules I have created in the Impact Analysis Manager?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News . - Hp Forum Moderator

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Impact Analysis in UCMDB

Hi ,

can you please explain what is rule that you would like to create?

Thanks

Haytham Hosny
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I guess what I am saying is I would like some better understanding of Impact Analysis.

For example, I would like to see what would happen to dependent servers and their applications (also 1 hop out) when I take one down. I created a TQL (see attached) in Impact Analysis Manager and added impact rules to the Computer CI and also the DependentComputer CI. I want to indicate in the rules that a server directly dependent on the main one (the one I will take down) would have a higher impact than one that is indirectly dependent on the main server. I am not sure how to do this.

I thought in training (a few years ago) I saw the instructor indicate different severity levels, such as 50% impact would be a major and 25% impact a minor and so on. I have attached the rules I created also.  They may be wrong, I was just guessing since I don't find anything in the help menus and for the life of me, I can't find any documentation indicating how to do this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

We have recently posted a webinar on this very topic. Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us with any additional questions.

Webinar- UCMDB Impact Analysis: Creating Useful Impact Rules for HP UCMDB, Browser, and Release Control

Rey Lejano

effectualsystems.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

I see that this is an old post, but it si not possible to reach the webinar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.