Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Import Active Directory Users into uCMDB 10.3 as persons

Hi all,

I would like to import the active directory users as persons (CI type) into uCMDB 10.3. How can I do it?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Anna

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Import Active Directory Users into uCMDB 10.3 as persons

Other than writing something from scratch

I did something a while ago, used HPE Orchestration to run a powershell command to dump the AD Users into a SQL DB, and from there just built a generic integration adapter to load the users into uCMDB.

Don't know what your license entitlements are, so my approach might not be feasable for you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Thank you very much for your answer Mario.

Is there any other solution,  without deploying any other product?

For example, has anyone modified the MS Domain Topology adapter or any other adapter to discover the domain accounts?

Regards,

Anna

Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

If you don't want to deploy another product then you will have to look at writing an adapter to do this for you, you can look at the documentation for starting with this.

The only other low-cost type of way could be to use a tool like Logstash to query LDAP and output the data into a SQL Express DB and then it's just a easy generic DB Adapter to import the data into UD(if you have 3rd party integration Adapter)

Ciao

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.