Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Import data from excel file into ucmdb

Hello,

I had a question and wanted some suggestions as well,

We have some PDL information from excel file to be imported (email contact, primary, secondary contacts) into ucmdb but we do not have a license. Are there any APIs which we can use to get this done? I was referencing the ucmdb Developers guide but not sure if we have a decent sample on that.

My idea was to pull all the information into a CI type called Persons or create a CIT in the windows server and import the data into them.

Any help is greatly appreciated

0 Likes
1 Reply
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Import data from excel file into ucmdb

Hi Mathew,

You need third party license (MDR) for importing data through CSV or Excel like you mentioned below you don't have license then i suggest you use Connect-it and create senario and populate desire data in ucmdb.

but i wonder what is the use of populating email contact, primary, secondary contacts in ucmdb.

Thank you!

Thanks & Regards
Govind Bisht
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.