Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Importing and Exporting from/to MS SQL Server 2008?

Hello,

I like to import some data into the UCMDB 10.10 (for example for CT type person) from MS SQL Server 2008R2 and

I like to export other informations (CI Type host_node, uda ....) also to an MS SQL Server 2008R2.

I made several tries, some things are working, some not.

The HP documentation doesn't show any screenshots or real examples 😞

Has anybody a good documentation for it ?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Importing and Exporting from/to MS SQL Server 2008?

Hello,

You may refer to  attached doc, page #95 it explains how to Import from Database Job and also contains screenshots.

Hope this helps,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Importing and Exporting from/to MS SQL Server 2008?

I had issues understanding how it worked at first too, but I finally figured most of it.

Here is a quick summary

The worksheet names are the CI type real name found in CI Type Manger  ie ip_address

a worksheet name starting with # is ignored

the first row of a worksheet is the attribute real names ie display_label

a column name starting with # is ignored

now AS FAR AS I UNDERSTAND there is no simple loading a list of ci's

you load ci's based on relationships.  This is the tricky part

You have a worksheet called relationships with 3 columns called start, relation_type and end

then each row references where the infor is related.

start A2 maybe "=node!A2"

relation_type B2 would be "containment" and

end C2 would be "=ip_address!A2"

I recommend that the reference columns be the "name" attribute of those being mapped

You may find some required attributes for some ci types, but that comes easy.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.