Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Infrastructure Settings Manager - value field marked in red

As you can see from the screenshot, the value field is marked in red. This should mean I have an issue with the data in the field. However the LDAP integration works just fine, so why is it red? Can I safely ignore this?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Infrastructure Settings Manager - value field marked in red

Hi Jacob,

According to the Administration guide, the explanation for 'Was modified' is as given below :

"Indicates if the parameter was modified. If the parameter was not modified, the row in the column for the relevant parameter remains empty. If the parameter was modified, an asterisk appears in the row of the relevant parameter."

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Unni

“Micro Focus Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”

Click the KUDOS star to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi,

The value field of the LDAP Server URL is red because the URL does not have the standard format like http://serveradress.... The functionality covers this and expects this type of URL and since it has different format it displays it in red as a warning.

Since this works ok the warning can be safely ignored.

Thanks,

Razvan Bolocan.

Highlighted
Contributor..

It is not the asteriks I am concerned about, it is the entire Value field marked in red.

My environment works fine, so why is the value field all red?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor..

My field is following the syntax, so I still don't understand why it is all marked in red. As I said my LDAP integration works fine, so why is it marked as an error?

Now the same goes for the Default user password and Service Manager URL which is also marked in red, which I didn't even change. See the screenshots.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi,

The red color is just for warning so it can be ignored.

There are other policies that can affect the fields like security checks(xss and cross side scripting).

The default password is displayed with red because the default was initially set to Welcome and in 10.20 the new password policy requires both upper case and lower case letters along with numbers and a special character from the list. Welcome does not meet all requirements and that is why is displayed with red. But it works non the less.

In case of the Service Manager URL it contains special chars like =,-,?,& and security detects special chars that can be used in cross side scripting.

Thanks,

Razvan Bolocan.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.