Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Installation of DFP 10.30 and HP UCMDB 10.30 on Windows Platform

Hello All,

I am planning to implement HP UCMDB 10.30 on Windows platform (Windows Server 2016) using 1 DFP Server, 1 UCMDB Server and 1 DB Server (MS SQL Server 2016).

a) Need to confirm what is the use of internal Postgresql database during the installation of DFP server, as we are already using a dedicated server containing MS SQL Server 2016.

b) What will be the JDBC port required for communication of HP UCMDB Server and Database server and will it be uni-directional or bi-directional

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Installation of DFP 10.30 and HP UCMDB 10.30 on Windows Platform

Hi there,

first of all, why deploy 10.30 and not UCMDB 11.0 or 10.33?

a) the embedded Postegresql used by the Probe is needed in order to store all the intermediate discovery results and trigger data. On probe side, we do the normalization for example which needs to use the SAI rules. The probe cache stored in the Probe DB reduces the amount of CI data sent to the server hence the reconciliation process is much faster.

b)The communication from the UCMDB server to the server DB is dictated by the server, we can call it unidirectional. During install/setup phase or via the UCMDB Configuration Wizard we can choose what is the DB server port. The UCMDB server machine needs to have the DB server port allowed in the firewall rules.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for the reply with full description.

Regarding deploying 10.30, I have already forwarded the server requirements and OSI instances for Advanced Edition License based licensing model to the cloud team. Can you please suggest will the hardware requirements and the licensing model remains same for 10.33 or 11.0 as well?

And regarding the port, I can use the port 1433 which is the by default port for MS SQL.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You are in the interesting part of future design regrets, probably. But I don't know the full details maybe.

What do you mean by OSI Instances for Advanced Edition License? I'm not aware of this term on UCMDB side.

UCMDB 10.33 is a minor-minor version for UCMDB 10.30. By design and specs it has the same requirements and minor extra features. I would download the Release Notes for all 3 versions (10.30, 10.31, 10.32 and 10.33) and decide about the new features which are useful to your use case.

From what I saw so far, CMS 11 has almost the same requirements as 10.33. The biggest difference is the internal licensing mechanism.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Bogdan,

Regarding the requirements, I can check as per your suggestion.

Regarding the licensing, as far as I know in 10.30 license is on the basis of OS Instances (OSI), means the number of CIs to be discovered whether it is physical or virtual.

For 10.33, I am not sure whether the same licensing model works or not

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

For the Supported UCMDB versions of 10.2x and 10.3x we have the same license mechanism. There are no differences between 10.30 and 10.33 on license level. Well, actually there is a minor difference, starting from 10.32 we dropped the ASM license so in 10.32 and 10.33 you no longer need an ASM license. This is documented in the ER https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1H114628

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.