Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Installation of HPE UCMDB Server 10.30, DFP and Database Server

Hello All,

I am new to HPE UCMDB platform, so please help me with the below queries before I start the installation of servers:

a) Planning to install on Windows Servers, do we need separate servers for Database, UCMDB and DFP for good performance or what can be the architecture to start with the deployment

b) We will be purchasing DDM Advanced Edition license, so should the number of licenses be equal to physical or virtual CIs

c) How licensing will work for network devices like switches or routers

d) What all ports are required for communication like JDBC, HTTP/HTTPS communication

To start with the architecture and hardware requirements please help with the above queries. Thanks in Advance!!!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Installation of HPE UCMDB Server 10.30, DFP and Database Server

HI Rohit

a) Yes you will need separate  servers for UCMDB and Database, and if you plan to use the Inetgration Service (which is installed with UCMDB) you will need a separate server(s) for the DataFlowprobe.

b) As far as I know the number of licenses should be equal to the number of CIs no matter if they are physical or virtual.

c) No idea

d) please find attached the required ports for the probe communication

Hope this may help

Best Regards

Yasser

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Installation of HPE UCMDB Server 10.30, DFP and Database Server

Hi Yasser,

Thanks for the help!!! Please find the comments below against your reply:

a) We will be integrating UCMDB with ServiceNow for ServiceNow's CMDB enrichment. So it is recommended to have 3 servers - UCMDB Server, Database server and DFP Server

b) Thanks

c) No problem

d) The ports mentioned here, for 8080 and 8443 it is clear the ports will be required for communicating with UCMDB server. Rest ports which will be used for discovery, if I am not wrong those ports must be enabled between DFP server and target CIs.

Thanks in Advance!!!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.