Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Integrate between HP AM & HP UCMDB

Hi Experts,

I want to integrate between HP AM & HP UCMDB. I bought Portfolio, Contract, Software Asset Management for AM and both UD Advance and UD Inventory to discovery PCs, IP phone, Servers

I have a question:

-> When I first receive a PC, laptop or a batch of Cisco IP phone and I enter them in AM. They were still in stock then all info in AM is Serial Number, Model, Price, Stock. I call this Portfolio Item A

-> After that I give IP phone to an user e.g in Sale department to be used. So this IP phone will be discovered by UD/UCMDB and will be entered in UCMDB with all info like IP, Model, Vendor discovered by SNMP.

-> With Integration between UCMDB & AM so my discoverd IP phone will be pushed to HP AM to create a Portfolio Item B.

So how can UCMDB or AM can merge or reconcile Portfolio Item A & B ? Because it refer to a same CI, just different Status (A is in stock, B is in used) 

Is there an automatic reconcilation by UCMDB or AM for those two Portfolio Item ? If yes, could you please describe the reconcilation mechanism in detail?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Integrate between HP AM & HP UCMDB

Hi,

1. Why you going to use two portfolio for one device?

2. After you gave a device to a user you should set status for this device to in-use.

3. Reconcilation happens when unloadig this device from UCMDB to AM. (after UCMDB descovered this device)

Best Regards, Sergy.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Sergy,

Thanks for your information, my answer is as below

1. Why you going to use two portfolio for one device?

=> I don't intend to use 2 Portfolio Item for 1 device. My problem is, when I create a purchased device in AM, after it will be discoverd in UCMDB. So now we will have 1 device in AM (which was manually create by AM operator) , 1 device in UCMDB (which will be automatically discovered). How UCMDB know they are same CI and just update configuration info to AM instead of creating a new AM Portfolio Item?

2. After you gave a device to a user you should set status for this device to in-use.

=> Yes, I will have to change status of that device in AM. But the discovered CI is automatically discovered by UCMDB. Can UCMDB know they are same CI? They are saved in 2 different DBs: 1 in AM, 1 in UCMDB and 1 created manually in AM, 1 discovered automatically by UCMDB.

3. Reconcilation happens when unloadig this device from UCMDB to AM. (after UCMDB descovered this device)

=> Could you please describe the reconcilation mechanism? I think UCMDB and AM must share some common attribute (like IP address,...) so UCMDB will know that it have to update an existing CI not create a new one after discovered this device. Could you please tell me those attribute?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I advise to read "HP Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) Solution", "Universal Discovery Content Guide - HP
Integrations",  "Data Flow Management Guide".

You can find OOB reconsilation and mapping rules in AMPushAdapter in am-push-mapping.xml. For example:

<reconciliation-advanced>TcpIpHostName = '${vComputerName}' and WorkGroup = '${vWorkGroup}' and Portfolio.Model.Nature.seComputerType = 3 AND 1=${if(iIsComputerAVM==true){return 1} else{return 0}}</reconciliation-advanced>

We have heavily modified push adapter and AM workflows. In my cases AMPushAdapter mapping CIs only by: Portfolio.CMDBId and TcpIpHostName and Portfolio.Asset.SerialNo. And the AMPushAdapter doesn't update Model and Nature (controled by AM workflows).

Best Regards, Sergy.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.