Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) and UPS's

Jump to solution

My Network guy wants me to exclude discovery on these Integrated Lights-Out (iLO). Is there a real reason to exclude them? Is anyone out there running discovery on them and how do you have accounts on them for discovery?

What about UPS's? I do see them listed as z-bones-ups-01

Thanks

Roger
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) and UPS's

Jump to solution

AIFK,

iLO IPs are meant for only connecting to the server, these are not the real IPs of the server.

Because of this , you got such a request.

I suggest, you get those IP details from the network team itself, in ucmdb there is no option to identify those IPs.  Once you get those IPs you can include in the exclude list of IP range.

I know one installation where it is having iLO ip's with ucmdb 8.x and which was causing the duplicate host CIs in the ucmdb.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

I am not sure if there is any out of the box job to discover iLOs. Are you referring to any custom job? What is UPS?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

AIFK,

iLO IPs are meant for only connecting to the server, these are not the real IPs of the server.

Because of this , you got such a request.

I suggest, you get those IP details from the network team itself, in ucmdb there is no option to identify those IPs.  Once you get those IPs you can include in the exclude list of IP range.

I know one installation where it is having iLO ip's with ucmdb 8.x and which was causing the duplicate host CIs in the ucmdb.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
UPS - Uninterruptable Power Supply
Roger
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thank you for this precise answer
Roger
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.