Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Integration point license

How do you calculate the needed size of your integration point license in uCMDB ?.

It looks like it use a similar mechanism as SiteScope with points.

I am running uCMDB 10.10.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: Integration point license

Hi JOstgren,

As we understand from HP UD Product Marketing Manager KC, there are two license considerations for 10.10 and integrations.

1. External Data Source - integration license 1 per adapter (to any non HP product data source)

2. No licensing required for an adapter pointed to HP product

We don't have a single client on 10.10 and we're not testing it yet for migration. I can't provide clearer information at this point other than, I do know, HP is not going to actualy charge you to integrate to their own products. That's in spirit, not in the function so you'll need to talk with your rep as the products do not yet represent this shift in thinking.

This is a pretty complicated topic because licensing is always changing and reps and the field rarely understand it, much less even us partners and internal folks. Here's a case that talks about the prolem:

We have a push adapter using six threads to ITSM. That uses integration licensing in UCMDB (it would if we're on 10.10, but were' not) to connect six sessions to ITSM. It does deduct six concurent user licenses when in use in ITSM. So in theory we should get additional licensing as the policy is HP products should not charge customers for using them with other HP products...

Until HP intruments functionality in ALL their products, each product is going to require negoiation and requests from HP entitlement. KC indicated that there is a multiplier on the number of detected OSI's that is factored in to account for virtualization. This number, as I understand it, is configurable by the license. 

It's a really complicated thing. It's going to require someone sits down with clear architectural diagrams and has a maturity conversation with their Rep so the right entitlement can be figured out. Or HP can simply add a few licenses to each system, or they can develop a function that determines the using connections and licenses are automated integrations from another HP tool.

The reality is? No simple answer. Lots of conversations, lots of overhead. The good news is that the official policy is NOT TO CHARGE the customer in any way for integration ANY HP tools.

Erik

effectualsystems.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Integration point license

@JOstgren

I agree with eengstrom that this is something that would best discussed with an Account Team. If you are interested, I would be more than happy to facilitate that conversation for you. 

uCMDB

I am an HP employee in the enterprise software group. If my post helps you, please mark it as an accepted solution. If you need further insight into HP Solutions, please send me a private message or contact an HP Solutions Expert
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.