Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Integration using Excel

Jump to solution

Dear Experts, I am currently using UCMDB 10.01. I am trying to import data into UCMDB from an excel spreadsheet. I know how to import data into UCMDB from excel. The issue is that when I import the data from excel, the attributes of the CIs, any attributes that is a number or integer always rounds to one decimal. For example if attribute A = 1 according to the data on Excel, then in ucmdb it will say attribute A: 1.0 I would like to fix the problem so that it doesnt round to the nearest decimal. I would like it to say attribute A = 1 I tried many things and even tried to change the cell format on the excel spreadsheet. Any advice is very much appreciated. Thanks,

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Integration using Excel

Jump to solution

Well after a few days, I found a solution to my own problem.

I just tried to export an Excel file to UCMDB and tried to imitate the format onto my Excel file so that when I import the Excel workbook, the values import correctly and the integer values will not have a point 0 ".0" at the end.

In the excel file you must store the numbers as text.

You can either put an apostrophe in the beginning of each number or use the TEXT function in Excel.

After importing the Excel workbook, everything works fine.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

What is the type of attribute A in UCMDB? Is it integer?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
String
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Well after a few days, I found a solution to my own problem.

I just tried to export an Excel file to UCMDB and tried to imitate the format onto my Excel file so that when I import the Excel workbook, the values import correctly and the integer values will not have a point 0 ".0" at the end.

In the excel file you must store the numbers as text.

You can either put an apostrophe in the beginning of each number or use the TEXT function in Excel.

After importing the Excel workbook, everything works fine.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.