Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Internal error occured on UCMDB login page

Hi All,

we are using older vesion of uCMDB9.0, and we are facing login issues, it gives "Internal error occured" on login page,

checked the services and those are running fine, and status is not dispalying any status,

kindly let me know how to resolve this issue..

Thanks,

Jagan

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Internal error occured on UCMDB login page

Can you restart the uCMDB instance and validate the startup.log ? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Sree,

thanks for your response, i have restarted the UCMDB server and still having the same internal error issue.

and how to validate the startup.log file, i am newbie to this tool, 

could pls help to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Jagan

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

stop and start ucmdb services from control panel - windows services. Wait for few minutes and check status

Also check the server staus using the status url upon restarting .

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

I am sure that this error has long been fixed but I wanted to leave a reply for anyone still searching for a solution to this error in later versions of the software. We just recently upgraded to 10.30 in our Dev environment and we encountered this same issue with getting an Internal Error has Occurred message after you try logging in and what we did to fix it was to log on with a different account and delete my login. I cleared cache on my PC and tried logging in again and viola! It worked! Another solution would be to go in throuh the databse itself and try the following things:

Remove the UI_USER_PREFERENCES :

DELETE  FROM URM_RESOURCES
WHERE Type Like '%UI_USER_PREFERENCES%'

It is correct and no side effect. Because URM resource with type UI_USER_PREFERENCES are only the records which for user recent operations .

And FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPT_COUNTER is only to count how many times this user failed login.

Another option is to use one of the following:

DELETE  FROM URM_RESOURCES

WHERE Type Like '%UI_USER_PREFERENCES%' and resource_id ='null#FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPT_COUNTER'

DELETE  FROM URM_RESOURCES

WHERE Type Like '%UI_USER_PREFERENCES%' and resource_id like '%#FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPT_COUNTER'

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi,

I had the same issue. I cleared the cache and tried. It worked.

Thank you

Regards,

Nagarjun S

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Usually the HP UCMDB services will take time to get started. When you run the HP UCMDB server status https://ucmdb_server:8443/status many of the services will still be off or getting started. Try to login to the server https://ucmdb_server:8443 after 20 minutes or so by which all the services should be up and running. It should let you login. If prompted install java.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.