Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Inventory Activity using Managment Zone

I am currently testing 2019.02 in preparation for an upgrade and would like to switch from using Discovery Modules / Jobs to Management Zones.  As I was testing I found the following.  When I launched the inventory job from the management zone I get the following error.  When I launch the job from Discovery Modules / Jobs it finishes successfully.

I see that it refers to the length of the field, but not sure which field needs to be modified and whether it can be done via the UI or if I need to connect to the db.

I'm using the OOB PostgreSQL for my testing if that makes a difference.

Any help is appreciated.

ERROR  [Process Results Thread4-MZ_MCKIT_Servers_MCKIT_Server_Inventory_InventoryDiscoveryWizard_Inventory Discovery by Scanner] - !!!FAILED!!![Operation #1476853736 Name=DataInAddOrUpdateData] com.hp.ucmdb.reconciliation.datain.operation.DataInOperationException: [ErrorCode [63000] Reconciliation DataIn general error.]
Error while trying to [addOrUpdate] on level [1]! appilog.framework.shared.manage.impl.MamResponseException: [ErrorCode [-2147483648] undefined error code]
CMDB Operation Internal Error: class com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.dal.CmdbDalBatchException : Can't execute BATCH prepared statement [insert into LOA(CUSTOMER_ID,CMDB_ID,CI) values (?,?,?)], failed on element at index [0] with  values: [1,<4a7e857d5b080cb2a158181ba68e171d>,'UCMDBDiscovery_MZ_MCKIT_Server<...(110)>']due to exception: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Batch entry 0 insert into LOA(CUSTOMER_ID,CMDB_ID,CI) values (1,?,'UCMDBDiscovery_MZ_MCKIT_Servers_MCKIT_Server_Inventory_InventoryDiscoveryWizard_Inventory Discovery by Scanner') was aborted: ERROR: value too long for type character varying(100)

3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Inventory Activity using Managment Zone

The meaning of the error "ERROR: value too long for type character varying(100)" is invetory discovery sending back to the server data which is not aligned with the data model. Recociliation log could answer on what attribute is a problem, but there is nothing you could do about besides verification that you are running latest inventory code. You could find latest inventory discovery knowledge pack at tlink below:

https://marketplace.microfocus.com/itom/content/inventory-discovery-knowledge-pack

If this not helps, support case with MF is a way to go.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Thanks for the response. I have installed the latest version so should be at latest code. I will go ahead and submit a support ticket. Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

FYI, it appears to be an issue with the field size in the embedded PostgreSQL database.  I renamed the inventory management zone to a very limited number of characters and it solved the issue.  Unfortunately it does not allow for a very descriptive title.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.