Highlighted
New Member.

Inventory Discovery By Scanner is failing

We are setting up inventory scans for the first time on our desktops and while we are successfully recieving scans for computers that have agents installed, the job is still failing.  It is not clear to me in the log what the problem is and the error.log and related logs contain no information. 

0 Likes
14 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Inventory Discovery By Scanner is failing

I found some additional errors in the mam.autodiscovery.log.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Adam,

From your communication log, i see the job have run successfully. Could you please share with me some screenshots about the UI of failed job?

Best Regards,

Hoang.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.*
*If you feel the post is helpful, please assign a KUDO star to say "Thanks"*
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Yeah, that is why I am confused.  I've attached the failure screenshot and a screenshot from the cmdb.reconciliation.log.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Adam,

Could you find a node trigger in ucmdb, then try to delete it and discover it again?

- Delete a failed trigger node

- Run the job to discover that node again.

- Run Inventory Discovery by Scanner for that node.

Best Regards,

Hoang.

*HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.*
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Its still failing.  I am seeing these errors in the error.log:

Can't execute BATCH prepared statement [UPDATE CDM_NT_1 SET A_BIOS_SOURCE = ?, A_DATA_UPDATED_BY = ?, A_HOST_KEY = ?, A_SWAP_MEMORY_SIZE = ?, A_MEMORY_SIZE = ?, A_BIOS_DATE = ?, A_CHASSIS_TYPE = ?, A_PROCESSOR_FAMILY = ?, A_HOST_OSINSTALLTYPE = ?, A_NET_BIOS_NAME = ?, A_BIOS_VERSION = ? WHERE CMDB_ID = ?], failed on element at index [0] due to exception: com.mercury.jdbc.sqlserverbase.ddc: [mercury][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]String or binary data would be truncated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Adam,

Could you try to clear probe data then re-run the job again?

Best Regards,

Hoang.

*HP Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I'm still getting the same error.

Can't execute BATCH prepared statement [UPDATE CDM_NT_1 SET A_BIOS_SOURCE = ?, A_DATA_UPDATED_BY = ?, A_SWAP_MEMORY_SIZE = ?, A_MEMORY_SIZE = ?, A_BIOS_DATE = ?, A_CHASSIS_TYPE = ?, A_PROCESSOR_FAMILY = ?, A_HOST_OSINSTALLTYPE = ?, A_NET_BIOS_NAME = ?, A_BIOS_VERSION = ? WHERE CMDB_ID = ?], failed on element at index [0] due to exception: com.mercury.jdbc.sqlserverbase.ddc: [mercury][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]String or binary data would be truncated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Adam,

Could you share with me your steps to run Inventory Discovery by Scanner.

Best Regards,

Hoang.

*HP Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I've setup a Management Zone with a single client workstation for testing.  The client workstation has the UD agent installed on it.  I've run the Infrastructure Discovery Activity and the Host Connection By Shell (UDA protocol), DNS Resolver, and Range IPs all complete successfully.  I then run the Inventory Discovery Activity which includes the Inventory Discovery by Scanner (which is failing).

It looks like the job is actually working but the results are failing to be added to the database. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

We had a similar problem where the BIOS was returning a string that was longer than UCMDB supported and rather than truncating the string the reconciliation failed on the server. In the reconciliation logs you'll probably be able to find the message about what field is causing the issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

What did you do to correct it?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.