Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Inventory Scanner Creating duplicate CI

UCMDB 10.32 CP25

HI 

I am facing problem where duplicate UNix host are going to be created in my environment.

Suppose first i scan them(A & B) through host connection by shell and it got discovered and now in Zone based Discovery we have 

Host A got duplicate CI with  VCentre Discovery_InventoryDiscoveryWizard_Inventory Discovery by Scanner.

Host B got duplicate CI with Discovery_InventoryDiscoveryWizard_Solaris Zones by TTY.

DOes anyone have any idea why they are not merging as i check both the hosts are having lack in some related Cis but i am not able to understand why it is happening?

Regards

Ayush 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Inventory Scanner Creating duplicate CI

Hello Ayush,

for the inventory CI, do you have the proper UUID?

Can you look at the different attributes of the 2 duplicated CI? You can export the CI properties in PDF files and compare them. 

There must be a reasonable explanation why they are duplicated:

• different interfaces
  • different UUID
  • different IPs
  • different NetBIOS name
  • different BIOS asset tag

For sure somewhere a discovery job reports insufficient attribute data and the identification flow is forced to mark them as unique CIs.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

John

For node CI type please to provide list of attributes to compare between 2 duplicate CI's to why duplicates are getting created.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

The list is from what we have in the identification rules for CIT node plus the related CIs.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Bogdan,

I have extracted for example one of the host which is having 3 hosts in ucmdb. I had made the comparision in the attributes of that. 

PFA the file

Regards

Ayush

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

From the XLS file I would say that node no2 is the correct one and the other ones (no1 and no3) are duplicates. 
No 2 has UUID and more attributes it's the strong node.

What IPs and interfaces do they have? This would be the next step. Maybe they don't merge because less than 66% of the IPs or interfaces are different.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Out of those only one is having the Interface and IP and rest is having none. Also i deleted all the three but now again the same 3 is there.

Regard

Ayush 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thatțs the problem.

If 1 node has no IPs/interfaces and the other has 1 IP/interface then they donțt have a 66% match in interfaces/IPs in order to merge.

The problem is then why 2 discovery flows don' report not even 1 IP or 1 interface.

You will have to compare the CommLog from a failing node with a working node (both the same OS and as similar as you can find them) in order to see when the flow breaks. Maybe we have a permission problem and the discovery user can't retrieve information regarding IPs or interfaces.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

HI 

I was with other Host in that both of them are sharing a single ip but one is having the 5 interfaces and the other is having the 2 intefraces. In this situation how will i resolve that 

Regrads

Ayush

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

This sounds like a Support case in which you need to provide the CommLogs with results included and scan files in order to reproduce the problem.

If we're talking about the same host then we should get the same number of IPs and interfaces for all the discovery patterns.

You may have a permission problem and the data can't be retrieved.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.