Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Inventory Scanner Trobuleshooting

UCMDB 10.32

CP 26

Hi 

I recently installed the CP 26 on my environment and after few days while i am checking the host. The count suddenly decreases. Also when i found out that many hosts merged into one now i can check that one host is having around more than 900 ipaddress. I checked for that host only one ip is there for it.

I checked the logs in that cmdb.recoincilation is frequetly merging the CIs through the Inventory Scanner job.

Also the other jobs are in pending state as they are in loop.I cheked that no job is executing from the server side it reaches to the probe and probe sent the result to the server but no job is going to complete.

The thing i changed after the CP 26 installed is that i changed the XML Enricher of one probe  from 34545 to 34546. NOthing else.

Somebody can help me in this.

0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Inventory Scanner Trobuleshooting

Hi ,

Please open a support ticket to review the logs files.

Best Regards,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

May be the problem came with CP26.

Now I see that CP27 is out.

have you tried the new CP27?

Regards,

Damir

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

This is a classic symptom of a false supernode. Aa node which due to improper merging ends up with hundreds of IPs and other wrong related CIs.
It's a long story and it can be fixed with a deeper analysis.
If you have UCMDB 10.33 at least then you can go for CP27.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

HI we are using UCMDB 11.

UCMDB 11 came with CP26 OOB.

We will try to install CP27 and see if problem will be fixed.

p.s. Inventory scanning throug zone jobs is working fine but this whole problem start when we run Invenrory by Scanner.

So I'm hopping that the problem lies on the scanner side not in data.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi,

We have UCMDB 2018.05 and we do face the similar issue, we observe around 780 Servers majorily Linux Sevrers are getting merged in to single CI with 1800 IPs.

We also see that until we run the Scanner Job and we run only Host Connection by Shell job it is fine. Once we run the Inventory Discovery by Scanner Job we see this issue appearing and merging the CIs.

Did you get any Solution for this or its another bug in the Product?

Regards

Ashok

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Ashok, I haven't got any solution for this till now and i suspect if you go and check for the history also it will not pop up. What i did is that i deleted the problematic CI and stop the scanner job until every other job is not completed. If you find any solution for this please reply on this. Regards Ayush
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Ashok,

this is a known regression from the Agent driven discover. You should go on 10.33, deploy CP27 (optional but recommended) and ask Support for the hotfix from https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1H121893

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Does the above solve the problem. I have cp27 10.33 and we faced similar issue!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Are you referring to the super nodes sympthom?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

@Aayush56, try to see from JMX what is the total count for retreiveExcludedValues. If you're over 1000 for a 10M CI environment values than merges are inevitable.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Bogdan,

The total excluded value is 180.  

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.