Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Inventory by Scanner Scheduling Efficiency

I'm trying to configure my inventory by scanner jobs to run more efficiently and it appears that the inventory job is not completing during the 14 day interval that I've configured. 

I have my inventory jobs split across ~15 different probes to distribute the load.  However when I go to Data Flow Probe status and open the inventory job I notice that the Last Duration field shows around 21 / 22 days regardless of how many scans are triggered.  See pic.  This job triggers 2791 scans for two weeks.  Any ideas how I can get this to run within the two week interval?  Is this too many triggers for a two week interval?

Thanks for the assistance.

InvScanner.PNG

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Inventory by Scanner Scheduling Efficiency

Hi @RRose,

the inventory by scanner job has two ways to trigger:

1. Every two hours per two weeks period on the IP addresses where current servers are located.

2. By using the CallHome function, when the Server is again available and sends a callhome event to the DFP.

If the server/workstation has DHCP, the only way to properly discover it is using CallHome, which notifies UCMDB about the new server's IP address. If not, you are counting that the server will be available at the same IP address at least once for two weeks.

Regards,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.