Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Inventory by Scanner on Ubuntu

I'm getting the following error message when attempting to scan our Ubuntu VM's.  We are doing agent-based discovery where the agent calls home and initiates the scan.  I've checked the scan file on the VM's and the .xsf file is being created successfully but not being transmitted back to the probe.  Any ideas where to look?  There are many instances of the Error: can't open file in the agent log.

02-10-19 00:15:30: Calling Home UD server : '10.168.3.132', port: '80', stamp: 'bbdb6ab2-18b9-30c7-aacb-d593d84f37a3'

02-10-19 00:15:31: UD Call Home request accepted on URL: '/callhome'

02-11-19 19:36:39: Error: can't open file '~/.discagnt/sca_tmp' (error 2: No such file or directory)

02-11-19 19:42:01: Error: can't open file '~/.discagnt/sca_tmp' (error 2: No such file or directory)

1 Reply
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Look at my response to your post:

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/CMS-UCMDB-and-UD-User/Inventory-by-Scanner-error-quot-Failed-to-upload-quot/td-p/1683401

The solution should be the same since it is not able to interpolate the tilde '`' symbol to the home directory of the user that installed the agent. In my case the user root is the one that installs the agent so the home directory should be /root.

I have not looked at the Agent Driven Inventory config files for where that would be configured.

John

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.