Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Issue discovering SNMP and mapping specific OID value

Hello,

We want to map specific OID to an attribute ....

The OID is always the same  : .1.3.6.1.4.1.2.3.51.2.2.21.3.1.1.3

What i have done with MIB Browser :
 - specify the OID i want
 - and method GET :

I want to "automatically" put the value "BEPT54D" in an attribute (for another machine, it could be BEPT55F or BEPT66D or ....)

In the oidToHostClass.xml file, i imagine to do something like that :
 <ns2:normalization-rule id="3" ci-type="node">
        <rule-input>
            <attribute name="sys_object_id" value=".1.3.6.1.4.1.2.3.51.2.2.21.3.1.1.3" compare-type="oid-starts-with"/>
        </rule-input>
        <rule-output>
            <attribute name="firmware_version">
                <value>???????</value>
            </attribute>
            <class-type>netdevice</class-type>
        </rule-output>
    </ns2:normalization-rule>

what do i have to set instead of ??????? in order to have the value i mentionned above ?

Hope i am clear in my explanations
Thanks in advance,

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Issue discovering SNMP and mapping specific OID value

Hello Esposito ,

I hope you are doing well .

I have investigated and you could obtain the same results with the enrichment rule .

I will investigate more and if I find an important details I will  communicate you .

Best Regards,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hello Melissa,

Thank you for your reply ....

I understand what you mean with enrichment rule, but my actual issue is to told the ucmdb system to catch a value from SNMP  .....

I know that ".1.3.6.1.4.1.2.3.51.2.2.21.3.1.1.3" is sys_object_id (aka OID), but i don"t know what is firmware version BPET54D (i mean its "field name" ....) neither how it is viewed and "translated" by SNMP discovery job ...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hello Esposito , 

I hope you are doing well . 

Please review all the points in the discovery following the guide : 

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00642628

After that , please feel free to contact me if you need something else . 

Best Regards , 

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.