Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Issue with system accounts after changing master key

The service appears to start up (not fully), but I keep seeing this in the error logs. I am unable to loging to the JMX console because sysadmin doesn't work as well. Anyone seen this issue?

2017-11-07 15:33:45,116 ERROR [CmdbLifeCycleManager periodic customers detection] (AuthenticationHelper.java:83) - Authenticating user: UISysadmin failed. The user repository: UCMDB is not configured.
2017-11-07 15:33:45,116 ERROR [CmdbLifeCycleManager periodic customers detection] (CmdbConnectorImpl.java:202) - User name or password are wrong - failed to login on UCMDB
2017-11-07 15:33:46,647 ERROR [pool-28-thread-1] (AuthModelFactory.java:126) - The user UISysadmin was not found on any repository.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Issue with system accounts after changing master key

Hi dcarlin,

I am also getting the very same error. I have UCMDB installed in DC and UCMDB installed in DR

However in DR, all passwords are same as DC's password but master key of DC and DR is different.

Did you got the solution, if so, please share.

Thanks 

Rohit

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Issue with system accounts after changing master key

Hi there,

for testing purposes, add to UCMDBserver\conf\settings-override.properties the following

security.user.password.use.default.policy=false
security.user.password.expiry.after.no.of.days=0
security.user.password.minimum.length=4
restrict.jmx.to.localhost=false
enable.high.availability=false

and restart the UCMDB daemon.

I presume you are running on UCMDB 10.3x. This will greatly relax the security policies and you should be able to use the internal accounts with the old passwords. If so, you will need to update the passwords and revert the overrides.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.