Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Issue with using UCMDB google cloud restful API

I am trying to use Google cloud discovery job in UCMDB to explore the asset I have in the Google cloud. I have the service account set up correctly. But, I still get the bug which I have attached an image to this post. The id is empty. I don't know where is the issue. Could anyone tell me how to fix it?

question.png

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Issue with using UCMDB google cloud restful API

It looks like that the account you have configured doesn't have cloud-platform REST API authorization. Try manually to access the API through the browser with the credentials you should be using.

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks for helping me out. I think you are right on this thing.

But, I did not get what you saying.  Could you elaborate more on it?

I am getting a service account from the project owner. And when I open it. I only see auth_uri and auth_uri included.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I mean this: 

https://cloud.google.com/iam/docs/granting-roles-to-service-accounts#granting_access_to_a_service_account_for_a_resource

The documentation in the CP28 is not mentioning it, but it may be required. From my google experience, you have to grant each role specifically.

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Did you ever resolve this matter with Google Cloud discovery and not getting the Google Project ID?

I have a very similar problem. The service account is setup, I can authenticate with it using the Gcloud SDK or via UCMDB discovery. I can also run commands in the SDK and see everything about the project including the ID and when the discovery runs it too authenticates, begins discovery, gets the regions and zones then still fails with an error that it cannot get the required attribute Google Cloud Project ID.

Any help or suggestions would be tremendously appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Can any one share useful documentation for getting the Google Cloud integration running. We are trying to get it running but have hit a certificate error.
Any documentation on line?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

certification errors are resolved by adding the google certificates into the java truststore on the probe

Likes are appreciated!
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

thanks for the response.

We have added the Google certs but have now hit an issue in that we need to get through the proxy in our own environment. We have a request in for this.

Hopefully when this is done we will get to discover some data.

If any documentation exists detailing what certs should be added to the probes and what URL addresses need to be allowed through a proxy for Google Cloud discovery that would be really useful.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.