Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Issues with new install of UCMDB and CM

I am am installing HP UCMDB and CM in my lab for evaluation and am having a problem with the install wizard for CM.  I have sucessfully installed UCMDB and patched it all the way up to the latest  CUP.

Now I am trying to install CM and I have tried both on the same server as my UCMDB install and on a seperate server but get the same error. I think I am lacking guidance on the DB configuration.  When I constructed my install guide through the interactive interface it gave me detailed instructions on how to configuer the DB for UCMDB which I followed and had no issues. Now I am into the CM section of the guide and there are no additional instructions for DB creation.

I have tried to install to a SQL DB that I configured in the same manner as I did for UCMDB and I have also tried to connect to the existing UCMDB instance I had just created. In all cases when I get to the part in the wizard where it wants to test the connection it fails with the error: Test Failed: [mercury][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: <myservername>

I am installing to SQL Server 2012 using named instances with set ports. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.