Highlighted
New Member.

J2EE WebSphere Connections by JMX truststore issue

Jump to solution

I am attempting to run the J2EE WebSphere Connections by JMX job but it keeps failing because it seems to be referencing a different truststore from the one I put into the protocol.

This is from the communication log:

<protocol name="websphere" cm_credential_id="246_1_CMS">
        <object id="f0d38bb086bb693cd99d2ae289ee6232" id_type="CmdbObjectID" class="websphereprotocol" isReference="false" is_anchor="false">
            <attribute name="protocol_username" type="String">XXHPDisc</attribute>
            <attribute name="websphereprotocol_truststore" type="String">E:\certs\sec_trust.p12</attribute>
            <attribute name="protocol_netaddress" type="String">DEFAULT</attribute>
            <attribute name="protocol_port" type="String">6300</attribute>
            <attribute name="protocol_timeout" type="String">2000</attribute>
            <attribute name="cm_credential_id" type="String">246_1_CMS</attribute>
            <attribute name="protocol_index" type="Integer">1</attribute>
            <attribute name="user_label" type="Unknown" />
            <attribute name="websphereprotocol_keystore" type="String">E:\certs\HPDDMAP1.p12</attribute>
            <attribute name="protocol_type" type="String">websphereprotocol</attribute>
        </object>
    </protocol>

Which all matches what I setup in the Websphere credentials.  The job errors out though with the following:

</ERROR>
        <ClientProperties>
            <prop name="protocol_index" value="1" />
            <prop name="datasource_was_config" value="jndiName,URL,propertySet,connectionPool" />
            <prop name="CONNECT_ADDRESS" value="10.130.4.106" />
            <prop name="protocol_timeout" value="2000" />
            <prop name="credentialsId" value="246_1_CMS" />
            <prop name="version" value="" />
            <prop name="RESOLVED_VERSION" value="" />
            <prop name="cm_credential_id" value="246_1_CMS" />
            <prop name="CONNECT_TIMEOUT" value="2000" />
            <prop name="protocol_type" value="websphereprotocol" />
            <prop name="port" value="6300" />
            <prop name="protocol_netaddress" value="DEFAULT" />
            <prop name="websphereprotocol_truststore" value="E:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\bin\..\runtime\probeManager\discoveryResources\j2ee\websphere\UCMDB_store.jks" />
            <prop name="java.naming.security.principal" value="XXHPDisc" />
            <prop name="protocol_port" value="6300" />
            <prop name="server_was_config" value="services:connectors:SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS:host,services:connectors:SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS:port,clusterName" />
            <prop name="websphereprotocol_keystore" value="E:\certs\HPDDMAP1.p12" />
            <prop name="user_label" value="" />
            <prop name="CONNECT_PORT" value="6300" />
            <prop name="protocol_username" value="XXHPDisc" />
        </ClientProperties>

As you can see it seems that it is referencing a different truststore than the one I put into the credentials.  Has anyone else run into this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: J2EE WebSphere Connections by JMX truststore issue

Jump to solution
The name doesn't matter. But as I mentioned, the trust store file on websphere is called DummyClientTrustStore.jks.
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
18 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Can you pleaes follow the following steps to connect to websphere? There are some tests as well that will make sure that nothing is blocked. Please do those as well

1) In the "Dataflow Management Guide" go to "WebSphere Protocol" and make sure that all the information is entered in the protocols parameters as oulined in the document. Some of the info in the doc is not very detailed, so here is some more info:

A) "User Name" and "password" - websphere admin console user name and password. Make sure you are able to login to the websphere admin console using these credentials. You need to fill out these two fields if the admin console requires credentials to login.

B) "Port Number" - login to the websphere admin console and get the SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS port. I think by detault, it is 8880.
C) "Trust Store File Path" - set this parameter to C:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\runtime\
probeManager\discoveryResources\j2ee\websphere\<name of the trust store>.
you need to get this file from the websphere admin. The file is called DummyClientTrustStore.jks.
D) "Trust Store Password" - You need to get this from websphere admin. I think the detault password is WebAS.

You don't need the keysore file. The doc is not clear about that.
Verify that the test connection is successful.

2) Try to connect to:
https://<websphere node IP>:<port number from 1(B)>
and make sure you recieve a xml file. You will have to add the certificate to the browser. If you are not able to connect, then it means that the port is not accessible.

Thanks,

Usman.

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

C) "Trust Store File Path" - set this parameter to C:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\runtime\
probeManager\discoveryResources\j2ee\websphere\<na

me of the trust store>.
you need to get this file from the websphere admin. The file is called DummyClientTrustStore.jks.

Can you clarify this for me?  Does the name of the file I get from the websphere admin need to be named DummyClientTrustStore.jks?  Can I rename the file I got from the admin to this?  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
The name doesn't matter. But as I mentioned, the trust store file on websphere is called DummyClientTrustStore.jks.
HP Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

HI,

For the trust store do i need to take this  from the websphere admin or the HPTrustSTore will work here. 

& same with the weblogic truststore or something diferent because i am not able to scan those two in my environment.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

HI ,

I am trying to run the job J2EE WebSphere Connections by JMX but i am gettting connection failed while i am runnig. COuld anyone guide me why is this happening. Also when i am trying to login through probe i am able to do that.

log start="17:29:11" severity="warn">Failed to establish connection using Connection configuration for protocol
Protocol: name = websphereprotocol, netAddresss = DEFAULT with properties {'server_was_config': 'services:connectors:SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS:host,services:connectors:SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS:port,clusterName', u'version': u'', u'port': 8880, 'datasource_was_config': 'jndiName,URL,propertySet,connectionPool'}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "JMX_J2EE_WebSphere_Connection", line 75, in DiscoveryMain
File "connection", line 138, in createClient
ConnectorException: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorException: ADMC0016E: The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to host XX.XX.XX.XX at port 8880.
</log>
<log start="17:29:11" severity="debug">Reporting error code 200 to framework.</log>
<log start="17:29:11" severity="debug">Error message is: ADMC0016E: The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to host 10.21.7.56 at port 8880.</log>
<log start="17:29:11" severity="info">Execution current time:2018/04/12 17:29:11</log>
</execution>

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

These problems are fixed in CP26, there are 2 change requests that add the new functionality of TrustAllCertificates.

You can find more details in the Release notes of CP26.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Bogdan,

I installed the CP 26 on the system and still i am facing the same problem. The error which i am getting is this.

I want to ask onething what port i need to mention here it is mentioning that SOAP connection is not establishing on port 8880 but for the console i am using different port that is 9043. Although i tried with 9043 but the same result with that also.

<log start="11:39:06" severity="warn">Failed to establish connection using Connection configuration for protocol
Protocol: name = websphereprotocol, netAddresss = DEFAULT with properties {'server_was_config': 'services:connectors:SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS:host,services:connectors:SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS:port,clusterName', u'version': u'', u'port': 8880, 'datasource_was_config': 'jndiName,URL,propertySet,connectionPool'}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "JMX_J2EE_WebSphere_Connection", line 80, in DiscoveryMain
File "connection", line 138, in createClient
ConnectorException: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorException: ADMC0016E: The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to host XX.XX.XX.XX at port 8880.
</log>
<log start="11:39:06" severity="debug">Reporting error code 200 to framework.</log>
<log start="11:39:06" severity="debug">Error message is: ADMC0016E: The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to host 10.21.7.56 at port 8880.</log>
<log start="11:39:06" severity="info">Execution current time:2018/04/16 11:39:06</log>
</execution>

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I see that in portNumberToPortName.xml we have

<portInfo portProtocol="tcp" portNumber="8879" portName="websphere_jmx" discover="1" />
<portInfo portProtocol="tcp" portNumber="8880" portName="websphere_jmx" discover="1" />

did you add you custom port number?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi 

In the portNumberToPortName.xml NO i haven't changed any thing in that but in the protocol of Websphere i am providing the port 8880 only. when i am trying to access the 8880 port from the probe i am getting the below.

<SOAP-ENV:Header ns0:JMXVersion="1.2.0" ns0:JMXMessageVersion="1.0.0" xmlns:ns0="admin"> </SOAP-ENV:Header>

-<SOAP-ENV:Body>

-<SOAP-ENV:Fault>

<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>

<faultstring>******************SOme random lines***************************</faultstring>

<faultactor>/</faultactor>

Is this the way it should like?

Regards

Ayush

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I think that your server is not running on 8880, at least from the CommLog as it fails to create the client.
Did you enable the option of TrustAllCerticicates?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Bogdan,

This time i enable the trustall certificates to true and i am able to make the connection but this a new error came.

2018-04-16 13:42:58,814 ERROR [Process Results Thread-J2EE WebSphere Connections by JMX] (AbstractDataInUpdateOperation.java:3161) - [ID=1185301164] [Customer ID=1]
Tried to Ignore Un-indentified Data but the bulk failed:
Datas Ignored From Bulk:
{node@$TempObjectf90f24f5ea729d35f7dae1bb1e1ccc52}@[(string-host_key:XX.XX.XX.XX DefaultDomain), (boolean-host_iscomplete:false), (string-data_source:J2EE WebSphere Connections by JMX), (boolean-root_enableageing:true)]
Reason: Not enough reconciliation data to identify
2018-04-16 13:42:58,814 ERROR [Process Results Thread-J2EE WebSphere Connections by JMX] (AbstractDataInUpdateOperation.java:284) - !!!FAILED!!![Operation #1185301164 Name=DataInAddOrUpdateData]
com.hp.ucmdb.reconciliation.datain.operation.DataInOperationException: [ErrorCode [63001] Reconciliation DataIn - Not enough reconciliation data, need to supply {(mac_address on connected ci "interface") or (ip_lease_time and ip_address_property and authoritative_dns_name on connected ci "ip_address") or (name) or (snmp_sys_name) or (net_bios_name) or (ip_lease_time and ip_address_property and name and routing_domain on connected ci "ip_address") or (bios_serial_number) or (bios_uuid) or (serial_number) or (bios_asset_tag) or (ud_unique_id) or (primary_dns_name) or (host_nnm_uid) or (cloud_instance_id)}]
Error while trying to [addOrUpdate] on level [1]!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.