Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Java Integration Adapter

So I'm new to writing Integrations, but I've heard they are the way to go in regards to writing jobs that pull data from CSV files and databases and put their CIs into the uCMDB. (Federation is good option as well, but still doesn't work in the uCMDB Browser)

Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to find examples for Java Integrations. I wrote a simple Integration and tried to upload it into uCMDB but I get an error (I think because it fails the call to testConnection()).

Anyways, any tips would be helpful and appreciated to point me in the right direction. I read the chapter about Integrations but haven't seen anything specific to Java or regarding examples I can pull information from.

Right now I have a java class that implements "BasicSourceDataAdapter".

The only function I've modified is the start() function, the rest are untouched (shutdown(), testConnection(), getQueryByName(), and getSupportedQueries().)

Is this close to correct or am I way off on implementing this?

Also I've heard that you don't interface with uCMDB in the same way that you do throught he HP uCMDB API.

For example, you don't pull a Topology with: Topology t = getQueryService().executeQuery(queryDefinition);

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Java Integration Adapter

Hi Noah,

Please upload your program that you wrote so far so we can have a look.

Adrian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Java Integration Adapter

So I've masked the credentials we use to validate on our webservice, but the idea is simple: When it runs it connects to a webservice we maintain. Using the BasicDataAdapter, it has start/shutdown/testConnection as the default created methods. I put the URL connection stuff in the start() function, but don't know what to put in the testConnection() area.

I guess first question is if the "BasicDataAdapter" is the right class to implement for writing adapters?

The federation API jar had a bunch of adapter looking classes but I didn't know the difference between them all.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.