Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Job for Dependecy (Mapping Node to Node )

HI,

please let me know which job has to be use for getting node to node dependency , i want to run that job multiple time to get all node to node dependecy , and which protocol it will use for Windows machine NTCMD or WMI.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Please expand the idea of node to node dependency. In abstract terms we can consider that Layer2Conncetion is a dependency between a computer and a switch, both are children of node class.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

I want to capture server to server communication on ports , which can give me dependency of server. its the output of Netstat command i think.

I want o know which job will help me to get that data and using which protocol for windows machines ( WMI or NTCMD )

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

In the Host Applications by * you have the job parameter P2PServerPorts which you can use with the value *

This will bring a lot of CIs, some of them are nodes with the DisplayLabel DefaultDomain<Ip_address>

Also, try to see how the 2 NetFlow discovery jobs can help you, they are in the Passive Discovery category.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

HI, I don't see the parameter P2PServerPorts  in Application Job , i am using 10.30 ver.

i will try passive discovery category

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

OOTB is configured for all ports but it depends on how netstat can be run

hApps_params.JPG

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

HI , i used tcp data by shell .. and i can see CI added .. but i am not getting report . i have seen reports which give below parameter, can you guide me from where i can generate that report.

Node   Relationship     lients

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Any suggestion to get the report

0 Likes
Highlighted

unable to get the count in server dependencies.its showing 0 always.Any special job or paramter that we need to activate?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

What is the actual report you are talking about?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

HI  Modeling -- Report -- Custom Report -- General -- Dependency report  it should give below report

Node

Relationship

Counter

Clients

this we need to find out server is communicating with which clients or Applications servers are talking with which DB servers.

I ran both the job you mentioned above , but still report says there are no CI instances.

please suggest if there are other ways to get the report like above.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I took a look in my lab env and I was missing the part of view where we have dependency link between 2 nodes. The rest of the CIs are available but the overall report will be empty due to this node to node dependency.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.