PA Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Join relationship within a compound relationship

Jump to solution

Hello guys,

thanks to popadiyski, he helped me a lot creating the necessary TQL. My decision in the end was to make a compound relationship to report on all the given servers. Although you lose some information (like the Database name), I think it's the best and cleanest solution.

Currently, I am struggling on a specific type of relationship and here's what I want to do:

There are Oracle DBs given, that have the same name as the SAP System, but have no connection to that. Therefore, in the case without the compound relationship, I created a join relationship from the SAP System to Oracle DB with the constraint that the names should be equal.

The problem is: I cannot insert a join relationship into the compound relationship as I want to make the TQL as easy as possible.

You can see the initial situation in the screenshot attached. I want to create a compound relationship from SAP System to Oracle and from Oracle to Node, where the relationship from SAP to Oracle should be a join relationship.

Do you have any tips for me?

Thank you very much,

PA!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
popadiyski Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Join relationship within a compound relationship

Jump to solution

Check the rules in the enrichment manager. There are a few which can give you good examples - "Update_Broadcast_IP", "SAP_Double_Stack_Instance"

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
4 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi PA,

me again 🙂 

1. According to the SAP ABAP discovery, you should be able to find the relationship to the Database through the J2EE Data Source. You can then create compound relationship from there or debug why this is not discovered.

db.PNG

2. If you have legitimate reasons not to discover relationship, maybe a better option is to create and schedule an enrichment on the basis of the Join relationship - to create membership link from SAP System to Oracle database. Then you will be able to use compound links.

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
PA Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

2. If you have legitimate reasons not to discover relationship, maybe a better option is to create and schedule an enrichment on the basis of the Join relationship - to create membership link from SAP System to Oracle database. Then you will be able to use compound links

Hello popadiyski,

I would be interested in how to do this since I don't think to have a right for a discovery debug and also, this is needed on different occasions since the SAP System was only an example (like the backup server).

Can you give me a more detailed explanation please?

Thank you very much,

PA!

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Check the rules in the enrichment manager. There are a few which can give you good examples - "Update_Broadcast_IP", "SAP_Double_Stack_Instance"

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
PA Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hey popadiyski,

thank you for the reply. It seems like I don't have the right to access to the enrichment center since it doesn't show up as a tool. But thank you very much.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.