Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Just installed 2018.08 and getting a null pointer error

Hi,

I've just installed uCMDB 2018.08 on windows using an Oracle DB on Linux. Each time I try to access uCMDB it says:

Universal CMDB 2018.08

Internal error occurred.     © Copyright 2011 - 2018 Micro Focus or one of its affiliates.

When I check the error log on the uCMDB Server I'm seeing the following error:

2018-11-05 16:57:05,336  ERROR  [CmdbLifeCycleManager periodic customers detection] - Exception without error code.
appilog.framework.shared.manage.impl.MamResponseException: [ErrorCode [-2147483648] undefined error code]
appilog.framework.shared.manage.impl.MamResponseException: [ErrorCode [-2147483648] undefined error code]
CMDB Operation Internal Error: class java.lang.NullPointerException : null : operation CmdbCustomerQueryGetAllCustomerConfigs : class com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.base.CmdbException :
CMDB Internal Error: Error while handling request: {request: ID='49cb849d64c73a33ba7eacce5497a36a' Message='General CMDB request' Operation='com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.shared.manage.customer.operation.query.impl.CmdbCustomerQueryGetAllCustomerConfigs@1881b24d' Customer ID='-2147483648'
Context='CMDB Context: Customer id = '-2147483648' , User ID = '911' , Caller Application = 'UIServer''}
    at com.mercury.topaz.cmdb.server.manage.rpm.RequestProcessor.createCmdbResponseOnCmdbError(RequestProcessor.java:513)

Is this because uCMDB is still setting itself up in the background on the DB or is there an issue that needs addressing as to why I cant access uCMDB. Considering this is a fresh install and not an upgrade I wasn't expecting it to take hours before I could access the system. Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

Dave

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Just installed 2018.08 and getting a null pointer error

You have to check for other errors during the install. cmdb.dal.error.log should tell you if there are SQL related ones. If it is new installation, maybe the schema creation didn't finish without an issue. It is possible the sizing of the tablespaces in oracle wasn't enough.

Maybe the best option is to delete and reinstall the schema, through the schema creation wizard and monitor for errors there.

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.