Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Keep track of deleted CI's ?

Jump to solution

We use uCMDB for a long time and for all the time we wonder if it is possible to log when and by whom a CI was deleted.

(Manually?, Aging? Enrichment?) We see that we can activate more than 200 logger in the jmx console, so I assume that we can log almost anything that's happening in uCMDB, but we cannot test every logger and the documentation in the Admin Guide is not covering that issu as far as I know. Maybe somebody from R & D or somebody else who knows the uCMDB very well can giveus a hint how to solve this question.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Keep track of deleted CI's ?

Jump to solution

Thank you, I already raised an ER .

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello,

I hope you are doing well .

You can review the Ci changes : cmdb.reconciliation.audit

Best Regards ,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thank you, we will do this. But is it possible to find who deleted it and when in a logfile?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Sanjit;

No.  Most of this is very difficult to find in log files.  You can, however, write a simple query to look at history data (by CI Type), for example:

SELECT *

FROM dbo.HDM_150610UNIX_1

where change_type='REMOVE_OBJECT';

Where it will show you the CIs deleted for that month for that CI Type.  So, not the best solution, but some visibility is possible.  Please do submit an ER for this functionality as you have to do this for each CI Type (for example, HDM_150610UNIX_1 has only UNIX CI Types and HDM_150610COMPUTER_1 has only Computer CI Types (not children of Computer).

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks Keith, I think for the moment this is a feasible work-around. We a few more use cases where we want to track actions performed in the uCMDB and maybe it would be the easiest way to get this information from the database directly also. Is there some documentation available what can be found in which table. Working with the logfiles seems a hard job for me....

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The schema is not well documented (for a reason... it changes from version to version)... but general rule of thumb is to know which CI Types you are interested in.  History tables in the new UCMDB database start with HDM_YYMMDD_CITYPE_CUSTOMERID  so, they will change month to month.  For example, HDM_150610UNIX_1 would be:  2015, June 10 UNIX CIs for Customer 1.  You need to be targeted in what you're looking for.  In addition, you should log an enhancement request for the functionality you would like to have included in the product.

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you, I already raised an ER .

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.