Key/ unique attribute in ucmdb 10.01
I am new to this version ucmdb 10.01, and i wanted to know which is the key or unique attribute value in this new version?
In earlier versions 8.x there is a key icon to show us which is the key attribute, but in this version, i dont see it anywhere.
P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator
1) What is the key for discovery (i.e. serial number, machine name, combination of both)?
2) Depending on how #1 is answered, with the UD solution…
a) will there be a way for the discovered data to generate an exception file and get dropped somewhere (ftp or something) when a machine name finds a matching record but that its associated SN is different due to server refresh, whole unit swap, mother board replacement etc.? Is there potential to halt the automatic update of a record that has deltas such as these?
b) How are NEW assets handled (found in environment without a record)? Will the same be available for NEW assets discovered before a new record got created (in the case of duplications: for example a server being repurposed during server refresh etc.)
3) Is there functionality to allow historical data hosted in the UCMDB (specifically SN, last mod date, last user…or what fields DO have history)?
4) Is there any limitations on the data or fields (incl history) that flow into Asset Center or SM from UCMDb?
5) Does the UCMDb have functionality to generate shell records for procurement or fields to host procurement information, billing, regional data, asset lease information, maintenance contracts/records/associations to assets, SW maintenance, version history, etc?
I have these questions in mind, can i get help on this please?
1. It depends on discovered CIT. As for Node and descendants there is reconciliation rule which includes multiple criteria like MAC, ip, host name, serial number, etc. For more details check UCMDB Data Flow Management guide.
2. a. No, when reconciliation rules contradict two CIs, than a new one is being createdd.
2. b. Again it depends on input - check manual
3. Yes its OOTB.
4. It depends how you set up your integation. BTW. history is not being pushed from uCMDB.
5. No, uCMDB is not a tool for asset management, it's just CMDB. However you still can add custom attributes and populate them via custom discovery adapters.
Am a newbie to UD 10.01.
My OS info are :
WIn Server 2008 R2 64bit..
But, when I try to install UD as a fresh installation facing the same error as below:
Tried with UD 10.01 CUP5 and CUP8.
Any pointers please?
Thanks for your inputs in advance.
I advice you to post it on the UCMDB/CMS forum:
Hopfully you are not trying to install/connect UD to a BSM server as UD is not supported under any version of BSM.
Asi Garty, Architect
BSM APM R&D, HP Software