Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

License for Incomplete nodes dependent on Complete nodes

Hi Experts,

I have issue where many of incomplete nodes which is discovered without any attribute data under node CIT as (Ipaddress+ default domin) are calculated in License as a complete node ( 1 discovery instance). Contacted support and came to know that any Incomplete Node which is dependent on the complete node are also will be calculated in License.. this is how the license is designed in UD.

I would want to know why its designed in such a way? We are using UCMDB in a Data center migration project where we have many dependent incomplete nodes which may or maynot be part of a particular datacenter scope and its diffcult to forecast the license requirement for incompete dependent nodes.

Regards,

James

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: License for Incomplete nodes dependent on Complete nodes

Hello James, 

There is a bug that is been worked by RND regarding counting the incomplete notes in the license

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01212871

This should be fixed on 10.20 and there will be a fix the other versions

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: License for Incomplete nodes dependent on Complete nodes

Thanks for you response.

Just to make sure that I communicate to my customer correctly on the License calculation. So the License calculated on the Incomplete nodes dependent on the complete nodes is a BUG and it will be fixed in 10.20 CUPS and its not designed to calculate License on the Incomplete nodes? because the response I got from HP support says its thats the way its designed to work and not a BUG so I am bit confused.

regards,

James

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.