Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Licensing Requirements in HP UCMDB 10.3X

Hi All,

Before I go ahead of having discussion with HP Sales team to purchase Advanced Edition License to perform discovery and integration with 3rd party applications, I want to get the confirmation on the license consumption:

1. Server Discovery - Windows + Linux --> License required for all physical and virtual servers

2. Network Elements - Switch, Router, Firewall and Load Balancer --> Do we need licenses for network elements

3. Databases - MS-SQL, Oracle --> Do we need license, the servers on which DB is hosted I have included them in server discovery. Here I want DB as an application

4. Middlewares - Do we need separate licenses for middlewares

5. Applications / Enterprise Applications - Do we need license, the servers on which applications are hosted I have included them in server discovery. Here I want applications running on the servers.

Thanks in Advance!!!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Licensing Requirements in HP UCMDB 10.3X

You are referring to the legacy licensing model valid up until 10.33.

1. This will consume UD Inventory or UD Full licenses 

2. In the legacy licensing mechanism these aren't license consumers

3. Related running_SW will influence if the will consume a UDF or UDI license.  Running_SW aren't license consumers per se.

4. Idem point 3

5. Idem point 3

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks for the clarification!!!

I am clear now, but as you mentioned this mechanism is valid until 10.33.

So which version is the latest version now which I should consider as a stable version and install in my infra. And how licensing concepts differ in the latest version for the infra discovery which I have to do using HP UCMDB in my infra - Server, Database, Network Elements, Enterprise Applications and Middlewares.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

No problem, anytime. Don't forget the 11th commandment:  thou shall press kudos button if thy person was helped  🙂

For CMS 11.0 we have a new licensing model, you can get acquainted with it here -->  https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Universal_CMDB:11.0/UD_licensing_ovw

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.