Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Listing of Query is very slow on Modeling Studio

I use RTSM of OMi 10.33.

On Modeling Studio, after I select "Query" in resource type pull down menu,

It took 1 minute and 30 seconds while Query list is displayed.
but after I select "View" or " Model" in resource type pull down menu,

It took 3 seconds while View or Model list is displayed.

Please help me how to tune performance of Query Listing.

Anyone know the table name of Query information in SQL Server?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Any UCMDB deployment has more tqls resource than models or views. So is expected to take a bit longer. Besides a higher number of resources it also depends on the user permissions. Does the user have an admin role?

You can check for slowness in dal logs, slow logs and statistics folder as a starting point after you reproduce the issue. All the resources are kept in same table URM_RESOURCES.

You can consider to submit a support ticket if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. 

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

I agree with you and most of the users noticed this. There may be many reasons for slow performance of modelling studio.  More number of queries, models, views might slow down. Some URM resources might take more time and system resources for completion.

As Gabi mentioned, All modelling resources are placed in URM_resources table. Querying the table might take longer time depending on more number of rows.

You can evaluate database for slow performance using cmdb.dal.slow.log. and make use of below maintenance tasks page on ucmdb might help.

https://docs.microfocus.com/UCMDB/CMSBP/Content/CMS_BP/MonthlyMaintenance.html

Regards

Bhaskar Badam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

If you do not have any integration with OO then you can set setting Enable Automation Flow Mapping to false. Let me know if you see an improvement.

If more users access the UCMDB concurrently you can consider to increase settings:

Permission model refresh rate (in minutes) 
Topology results tree refresh interval
Views selector refresh interval

It depends how many new resources tqls/views  the users create since the cache will be updated less often. 

Best Regards,

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.