Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Many CallHomeEvents

Hello:

Can someone help us?

We have found a few days ago many (~8000) CallHomeEvents which are not processed/deleted by the CallHome Processing job. The CallHomeEvents have "Created Time" a few days ago.

If we manually deactivate and activate the job, the CallHomeEvents are processed, but after a few days we have again many CallhomeEvents.

We have only one CallHome Processing job for all probes and the scheduler is every hour (0 0 0/1 * * ?), and we have check the "Invoke on New Triggered CIs Immediately", and discovery to run at "always"

chuchi_1-1580199941472.png

chuchi_0-1580199908782.png

Why the CallhomeEvents are not processing in time by the job?

Thanks.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Many CallHomeEvents

What version of UCMDB, Content Pack and Patch?

How many call home URL do you have configured? One, two or three servers?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Universal CMDB 2019.02

UCMDB Server 11.4.125

CP 2019.11.102

We have configure only one callhome URL (CallHomeURL0= x.x.x.x:80) in our clients.

chuchi_0-1580306123826.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I've seen such behavior in many installations of UCMDB. CallHomeEvents after some point stop being properly processed and deleted.

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

@chuchi  I was having the same issue with UCMDB 10.33 CUP 3 CP29 and it was related to broken gates on the TQL calculation. I received hot fix HF_QCIM8D98775.

This hot fix should be included in your current version but you may want to ask support. Or check your error log for entries with breaking the gate

John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

So it has been several weeks since I've had the issue but it just occurred a few hours ago. Here are the relevant error.log entries:

2020-01-30 00:28:05,945 ERROR [RequestProcessorAsyncPool-99179] (ScenarioLog.java:292) - #### Fail notification from pattern Inventory_Discovery_Trigger to gate Gate14
2020-01-30 00:28:05,945 ERROR [RequestProcessorAsyncPool-99180] (PatternStatisticsInfoImpl.java:238) - Calculation ended without informing its out of queue, status is : 0
2020-01-30 00:28:05,945 ERROR [RequestProcessorAsyncPool-99179] (ScenarioLog.java:292) - #### All tqls from gate Gate14 are in TFS2_FAILED state, breaking the gate
2020-01-30 00:28:05,945 ERROR [RequestProcessorAsyncPool-99180] (ScenarioLog.java:292) - Event CALC_END was not handled for state machine Inventory_Discovery_Trigger! Current state: TSF1_TQL_LEVEL_FAILED
2020-01-30 00:28:05,945 ERROR [RequestProcessorAsyncPool-99180] (ScenarioLog.java:310) -
java.lang.RuntimeException: Event CALC_END was not handled for state machine Inventory_Discovery_Trigger! Current state: TSF1_TQL_LEVEL_FAILED

So it appears that even with the hotfix there is still some condition that causes the issue to reoccur. I fix the issue by doing just as you have done. I stop and restart the Call Home Processing job.

John

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.