Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Mapping custom scan data hwAssetUserField to UCMDB 10.01

In our scan files we are using hwAssetUserField1 - 8 to store custom data collected from each device. I have read the documentation in the Data Flow Management guide (pg378) but I am still confused.

If I create a new CIT do I have to edit other configuration files besides the Custom Mapping editor?

Do I have to edit ParseEnrichedScanFile.py at lines 364 - 374?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Mapping custom scan data hwAssetUserField to UCMDB 10.01

HI,

When you choose the option Create new CI to Yes, this is done automatically.

Check page 382 of the Deployment Guide for 10.01.

Enables you to create a CI instance for the selected CI.

l

Yes. Create a new CI instance to map scan file information to a CI type when

the CI type is not contained in the

ParseEnrichedScanFile.py script.

l

No. Ignores mapping of the selected CI when the CI type is not contained in

the

ParseEnrichedScanFile.py script.

Default:

No

Please open up a support case if it does not work.

HP Support
If you find that this or any post has resolved your issues please mark it as solved.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.