Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

McAfee and accessing UCMDB admin GUI

Jump to solution

My customer recently installed McAfee on my workstation.  It checks programs as they start (not merely do a periodic scan).  This slows down starting the admin GUI for UCMDB, which relies heavily on Java.  Has anyone else seen this and worked with McAfee or on their own to create an exclusion list so McAfee doesn't impact.  I also used to be able to bring up the admin GUI for two different servers, but now I am lucky if I can bring up even one.

Thanks,
Mel

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: McAfee and accessing UCMDB admin GUI

Jump to solution

Hey Mel, 

not sure which version of UCMDB you are using, but have you tried connecting to UCMDB with the new Local Client? It is available in 2018.05 and the newest version is 2018.08, but it is backward compatible with 10.2x and 10.3x. Basically it is a portable java which caches the jar files, as the browser does. But since it doesn't use a browser, maybe mcfee will not treat the connections so badly. Check this thread https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/CMS-UCMDB-and-UD-User/UCMDB-Local-Client-2018-08-is-available-on-MySupport-now/td-p/1660581 

Petko

Likes are appreciated!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hey Mel, 

not sure which version of UCMDB you are using, but have you tried connecting to UCMDB with the new Local Client? It is available in 2018.05 and the newest version is 2018.08, but it is backward compatible with 10.2x and 10.3x. Basically it is a portable java which caches the jar files, as the browser does. But since it doesn't use a browser, maybe mcfee will not treat the connections so badly. Check this thread https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/CMS-UCMDB-and-UD-User/UCMDB-Local-Client-2018-08-is-available-on-MySupport-now/td-p/1660581 

Petko

Likes are appreciated!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Petko,

Maybe I forgot to mention or maybe the new client is applicable, but where I have the problem is with the UCMDB 10.22 Admin GUI.  The browser GUI is fine, but the Admin GUI takes forever to load.

Does the new client you mention work as the admin GUI for UCMDB 10.22?

Thanks,
Mel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Yes, I am talking about "Admin" GUI. Excerpt from the documentation:

local.PNG

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Petko,

I have 2018.5.  The zip has a DFP exe and a server exe.  We aren't ready to install 11.X.  Is there a way to get just this new local client GUI.

Thanks,
Mel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution
If you open the link in my first reply, you will find the download location

Cheers,
Petko
Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Petko,

My error for not seeing the fie.

Thanks,
Mel

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.