Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Meet the Experts: UCMDB and NNMi Integration

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

We invite you to take a look to this recorded session about the NNMi - UCMDB integration. If you have questions, feel free to post it here.  Please set the resolution quality to 720p.

Enjoy:

Keith Paschal
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Meet the Experts: UCMDB and NNMi Integration

Jump to solution

Your opinion counts!  Fill out the survey

Keith Paschal

HP UCMDB Support

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Your opinion counts!  Fill out the survey

Keith Paschal

HP UCMDB Support

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
Micro Focus Support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Keith, a good webinar on ucmdb <-> nnmi integration setup. Question for you. Do I need to disable the Layer 2 patterns in ucmdb if I am using an nnmi integration? This may sound obvious but I was told a while back by pre-sales that I need to keep the L2 patterns active in ucmdb. I am running ucmdb 10.01. Thank you for your consideration...John Williams

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

John;

UCMDB's layer 2 discovery is vastly inferior to NNMi's discovery of layer 2.  You should delete all the layer 2 connections that exist in the UCMDB server and rely solely upon NNMi for layer 2 discovery.

Keith

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
Micro Focus Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thanks Keith, I just got back around to reading your reply. It makes sense but I had to ask. Thanks again. John
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

great Wbinar.

I have a question regarding setting up the BSM Monitoring With NNMi and with uCMDB as CFG mgmt system.

This one environment works together as below.

Servers are monitored by sitescope -and server topogy is send to BSM's RTSM and forwarded to uCMDB with global  Id pushback.

Network hosts(switches routers) are monitored by NNMi. - How the topology should be send from NNM ? directly to ucmdb and then fwded to RTSM with global ID ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Lukas,

It's up to you to decide, what is the most convenient way for you – there are few options available:
* Pull data from NNMi to CMS/UCMDB and then sync the necessary one to RTSM (using Jython-based integration)
* Pull data from NNMi directly to BSM (using Jython-based integration)
* Push data from NNMi to BSM (using NNMi integration)

All of those paths are supported and should give you the meaningful way to address your use case.

Regards,
Alex
mail: alexander.arkhireyev@gmail.com
LinkedIn
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: Meet the Experts: UCMDB and NNMi Integration - getting error running NNMi to UCMDB

Jump to solution

I am getting this error: Cannot retrieve communication log because trigger CI 8fd938e7e4bf8708dcbae26dc4fae07d is missing for job: DS_NNMi2UCMDB_Layer2 Topology Import from NNMi

I checked connectivity (port 80) and credentials from UCMDB to NNMi and it all looks good - the NNMi server was discovered by UCMDB.  One strange thing, the TEST CONNECTION button is greyed out for this integration. 

I am not sure what I'm missing - this was successful in our lab

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Meet the Experts: UCMDB and NNMi Integration - getting error running NNMi to UCMDB

Jump to solution

Joe;

I'd ask this to be posted below, as a separate thread... The 'test connection' is grayed out because it is a jython based integration.  To debug this, run it in a separate jvm on the probe and check the remotejvm logs there.

Keith

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
Micro Focus Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hey Keith

Can you please share NNM and UCMDB integration guide with suits below requirement.

Scenario :- I Want to populate the NNM Devices relationships to UCMDB for impact Analysis.

Thanks,

Deepesh
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Deepesh;

Yes... but next time, post in a new thread. 

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
Micro Focus Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Is there an ERD for the UD product? Also, for the new solution mapping within UCMDB that replaces integrations using Connect It (to Asset Manager, Service Manager etc.) - are the field mappings the same?

If that needs to be a seperate thread please let me know.

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.