Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Move CI from CI Type to another CI Type?

Can I move CI to another CI Type?

For example, i have 1000 CI in the Switch CI Type and I want to move to Computer CI Type.

How i can do this?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Move CI from CI Type to another CI Type?

Hi,

No, this is not possible, at least not OOTB.

You can export the CIs as an CSV and write your own adapter/job to import them as computers. 

But I would NOT recommend this approach, because they are not computers. but switches. 

And when the OOTB job runs they are discovered and created as switches. 

So you have one device with two CIs of different CI types in the uCMDB. 

It will be a mess.

Good luck

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Move CI from CI Type to another CI Type?

There is no standard way to move ci instances from one ci type to another ci type.

How ever the best possible way to do this is first take a back up of all switch CIs by taking and export in csv file.

Then delete all the cis from switch

Modify the ci type in csv file and the import this into new ci type, so there wont be any conflict of reconciliation.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.