Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Multiple records same host

I've run across an issue where I have multiple records for the same server.  Apparently the records are not merging correctly.  I checked the properties of each and one was created by the Inventory by Scanner job and the other says it was created by the Host Connection by Shell job.

One of the records, the one created by the Host Connection by Shell job has more complete discovery information including Oracle Database and LMS Audit Documents.  The other record has only Inventory by Scanner related CI's.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot this scenario?  I'm tempted to delete and try to let UD rediscover but not sure of this approach.  BTW, 10.22 CUP 4 CP 20.

Thanks for the help,

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Multiple records same host

Hello Rose.

As it seems that the servers are not merging., this might be a reconciliation issue. I woauld suggest you to open a support case in order to troubleshoot this in a deeper way. Normally, reconciliation problems are caused because the CI's are getting incomplete information and UCMDB is not able to recognize them as the same CI. Please note that server logs might be useful for the engineer assigned to the ticket alongside the properties and the communication logs for the CI's that are experiencing the problem too.

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Multiple records same host

Of course it is some reconciliation issue, but the chance to have been fixed between CP20 and CP28 is huge. Going to the support way is always an option, but if you want fast result, install a dev UCMDB 2018.08 and scan the same hosts to see if they will result in duplicates. If there are none, consider upgrading. Or read the communication logs and what results do they report, checking the identification rules. 

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.