Highlighted
stx9 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Multithreading reconciliation working?

Hello! We are using uCMDB 10.32 and there is currently a large backlog of discovery job data to be processed by the uCMDB server. This backlog is currently decreasing but very slowly, too slowly in fact. 

Entries are being added to cmdb.reconciliation.audit.log but nothing seems to be done in parallel. I understand that data must be processed sequentially if common data is found, but such data should be an exception, not always... Worst, I see hundreds of entries of the same probe being processed before hundreds for another probe.

Any idea? Perhaps I'm just wrong understanding how this should work.

Steve

0 Likes
5 Replies
johnc3 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Multithreading reconciliation working?

Hello Steve,

it's a long discussion on this but in short, it will be:

• sizing guide (server and probe)
  • server performance (slow.log, jvm_statistics.log, cmdb.dal.slow.log, useless resources that aren't deleted)
  • always on enrichments, avoid them as much as possible
  • upgrade to 10.33 CUP1, we had a lot of places where soft/hard commits weren't done efficiently or at all. At least 50 changes were done for this over the 10.3x version, the last of them are on 10.33 CUP1
  • changed adapter maxThread, maybe somewhere you have a high value hence the dataIn is too much
  • avoid population favoring the push flow
  • status of the Probe dashboard, maybe the probes are too busy

In essence, I would start with the 10.33 + CUP1 step. You will be surprised.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
stx9 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like upgrading is our only way since we already double checked all other recommendations.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

It will fix other issues not only this.
If you go to CUP1, as I hope you will, don't miss the Probe DB postgresql manual upgrade step. It seems that a lot of UCMDB users just skip that step without reading the full release notes.

If you do encounter keystore/truststore issues during the 10.33 upgrade, we have a lot of past experience to overcome it fairly fast.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
stx9 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Should we go directly to release 11?

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

UCMDB 11.0 introduces unit-based licensing so you will have to convert your current license. There is a special flow for this.
It depends on what you want to achieve. I would go through the UCMDB 11.0 and CP26 release notes to see if this is a step to do now or a little bit later.

It"s not a simple question 🙂

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.