Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

NNM - UD INTEGRATION doesnot show network device to server connectivity

Hi,

i have done NNM-UD integration by population from NNMi adapter . I configured adapter at UD end only and populated routers and switches in UD database.

But I am unable to see any network device to server connectivity through Layer 2 CI TYPE. 

The available Layer2 CI s showing connectivity between newtwork devices only.

node---->interface<------Layer2 CiType----->interface<--------node

How to get Network device to server connectivity?

with regards,

Nick

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: NNM - UD INTEGRATION doesnot show network device to server connectivity

Nick;

To get node -> interface <- layer2 connection -> interface <- switch  connectivity in UD from NNMi, you must have the nodes in NNMi being managed by NNMi.  Do you have a node in NNMi that has a layer 2 connection with a switch that is not shown in UCMDB after the integration?

Keith

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

No servers are being managed in NNM. 

Only Router & switches are available in NNM and server discovery done from UD only and expecting to build network device to server relationship to incorporate the same in Business service view.

To get the dependency relationship, server need to managed in NNM if this statement is true then what is the point to integrate NNM and UD as UD itself discoveres servers and for network devices , we are dependent  on NNM and exepcting dependency relationship post NNM-UD integration.

Any solution ???? Please suggest.

with regards,

Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Nick;

NNMi will not build the layer2 connection if both ends of the connection aren't in NNMi.  So, both server and switch need to be in NNMi for the layer2 connection to get built and send to UCMDB.  UCMDB should merge the NNMi sent node with the one you do discovery on without an issue.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Keith Paschal

HP UCMDB Support

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

But nnm does show the end node details so Nnm must have all connectivity details .

Plz suggest.

with regards,
Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Nick;

The NNMi server MUST contain the node and the switch.  There is no debate about this.  If it doesn't, the layer2 connection will not be created.

Keith Paschal

HP UCMDB Support

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
Micro Focus Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

Thanks  a lot for the confirmation.

But I want to know can I delete all nework devices from UD  which  were populated from NNM-UD INTEGRATION and all network devices will be discovered from UD itself.

Just want to know there would be any reconcilation issue as huge data had been pull in UD from NNM???

with regards,

Neena

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi kaith,

I GOT THE SUGGESTION LIKE KEEPINNG ALL NETWORK DEVICES IN UD , HAVE TO RUN  lAYER 2 JOB FROM UD WHCIH WILL BUILD LAYER 2 RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN SWITCH AND server.

pLEASE SUGGEST.

WITH REGARDS,

Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Nick;

With UCMDB 10.10, CP13, we have much better layer 2 connectivity from the discovery jobs in UCMDB.  You can try this if you like.  I have tested and because we now discovery CDP and LLDP tables, the discovery is much better.

Keith

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
Micro Focus Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,
Thanks for reply. I will definately try .

Regards,
Nick
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.