Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

NNMi-Ucmdb integration

Hi Team,

We have integrated NNMI with uCMDB using pull method(OOB) and we are not able to get NNMi serial number.

We are finding the serial number in NNMiIntegration adapterIntegration adapterIntegration1.pngNNMiNNMi

Could you please advice me to get the serial numbers from NNMi.

Thanks

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: NNMi-Ucmdb integration

Dear

Serial number does not come by default.

Please check the integration guide on how to customize the integration and getting serial number.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

HI ,

Please someone share the develoment steps to get serial number of Network devices in UCMDB-NNMI integration.

thanks

Sunil

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Sunil,

in order to extend the NNMi adapter, you will have to durty your hands and dig deep into the python adapter management. Search for NNM_Integration and open the Scripts -> NNM_Integration_Utils_9.py. Search for NODE_ATT_NNM_TO_UCMDB line. Add the  column field from NNM to the list and map it to serial_number attribute in UCMDB. Execute the adapter and enjoy your coding result. 

nnmi.PNGI am attaching a screenshot on where you can make the edit. 

Regards,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance UCMDB Consultant

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “

Likes are appreciated!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi connection,

Did you solve the problem?
Can you share the solution?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

What is the name of the field for NNMi?

NODE_ATT_NNM_TO_UCMDB = {
'systemContact' : 'discovered_contact',
'systemDescription' : 'discovered_description',
'systemLocation' : 'discovered_location',
'deviceModel' : 'discovered_model',
'deviceVendor' : 'discovered_vendor',
'id' : 'host_nnm_uid',
'deviceFamily' : 'node_family',
'serialNumber' : 'serial_number',
'longName' : 'primary_dns_name',

Thanks, 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi,

I tried given solution but it doesn't work. I have added some attributes in mentioned python script and ran the integration job with Full synchronization button. It is completing successfully but nodes are not getting updated. I tried "Clear Cache" option as well but no luck. PFB Snapshot for reference.

Dear @marsella and @popadiyski , 

Am I missing anything which is not giving me the desired result? Please let me know if any extra steps need to be perform to achieve this.

Rohit_N_0-1593516140235.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

@Rohit_N have you added these attributes in the TQL's  Node Element Layout?

If so, you will have to check if the attributes are successfully obtained by the NNM API by adding debug statements in the python code.

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.