Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

NTCMD Protocol giving error of Netbios

Jump to solution

HI I have uCMDB 10.30 , when i am doing test for NTCMD protocol . i am getting Netbios error as a test result.

I checked all required port on servers and they are open in servers also i enable the netbios in server .

what would be the issue /

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi ,

Yes i can see all ports are in LISTENING mode in ( netstat output ).

I disabled Antivirus on probe / ucmdb and host machine . but same error i am getting

any suggestion

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Can you provide some log output for the NetBios error?

What is the CP version?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi ,

I am getting error " Server not reachable by netbios " , same server work fine using same credential on WMI protocol,

we checked Netbios ports in host servers and all ports are in listening mode . but still getting this error.

I am using ucmdb 10.30 ver

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Discovery is handled with scripts of the Content Pack so for discovery issues always mention the CP version. UCMDB 10.30 supports CP 21, 22 and 23.

Is the remote host Windows 10?

Are the ports 135, 137, 138, 139 and 445 open?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi ,

Yes i can see all ports are in LISTENING mode in ( netstat output ).

I disabled Antivirus on probe / ucmdb and host machine . but same error i am getting

any suggestion

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Are you using a domain user?

Is it defined as a credential with domain\userName ?

Can you change the probe service to run not with Local System but with a domain user compliant for discovery?

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

HI yes i am using domain\useraccount  also i chnaged the proble services from local to same domain account.

still getting same error

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Can you run this from UCMDB probe? (make sure change the password with correct one)

\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\runtime\probeGateway\discoveryResources\hpcmd.exe \\<your_remote_node> /user:<your_domain>\<your_domain_discovery_user> /pwd:**** whoami

Result:
Connecting to remote service ... Ok

nt authority\system

Remote command returned 0(0x0)

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi My issue got resolved after creating registry key in probe  "SCMApiConnectionParam"

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Added REG_DWORD SCMApiConnectionParam parameter on  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

I am also getting the "Server not reachable by netbios error" for the NTCMD protocol. I have tried updating the registry of the probe with SCMAPiconnectionParam as suggested in the earlier message.

Also i have tried running the command \hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\runtime\probegateway\discoveryResources\hpcmd.exe \\IPaddress of host machine /user:domain\username /pwd: password whoam I  command and we get an errror as 

COnnection to remote service .... Failed to start remote service, Couldn't start remote service,. Failed with error code:5, access is denied.

If i try to login to the hostmachine  (to be discovered) by RDP with the same username/password i am able to login to the machine and the user created is an admin user but still get this error.

We have checked and found that port 139, 138, 137 and 445 are all open from the Probe to destination server.

So please suggest what should we do next to fix the issue. 

We are using UCMDB version 10.33 CP 26

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Did you ever fix this problem?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.